wow looks good!
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Re: White 1994 F-150 Sleeper Build

Post by biggiek »

How are the coverlay panels overall? I am in need of a set of new panels.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Wow, that looks nice!
nubreed71
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Post by nubreed71 »

Overall the Coverlay panels are pretty nice. There were a couple things about them that I changed, like getting the panels upholstered in nicer fabric, and then my other gripe was that they used some pretty junky looking felt to cover the hole where the door handle sticks through, but that was easily fixed by taking the nicer bristles off my OEM door panels and epoxying them on the backside of the Coverlay panels.

I saw that Rock Auto is now selling the panels, and their prices are way lower than anywhere else on the net. Looks like just under $400 for a pair.
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Post by biggiek »

Good to hear I've been on the fence for months about them and have seen mixed reviews. I like your reupholstry idea especially on the top panel. I wonder if rock auto would send them to me unassembled?
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

They're all pretty much gonna have them drop shipped from Coverlay, so what I did was call Coverlay, and tell them I'm going to place an order with one of their vendors, and that I wanted them shipped unassembled. Then I called the vendor and placed the order, and instructed them to tell Coverlay to ship them unassembled. Hope that helps!
wiglaf37
Bronco Info: '93 351 35BFG AT

White 1994 F-150 Sleeper Build

Post by wiglaf37 »

Looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

truck looks great Taylor
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
F1Brendan
Bronco Info: It's a non Bronc! the bronco's larger cousin with a bed, a 95 f1

Post by F1Brendan »

How much was it to get that headliner redone? I’m on my second junkyard one, and they all end up failing somewhere. You should look into a dome light from an older Taurus too.. looks just like the 97 Truck ones or later bronco ones, but they’re in opal grey like our interiors, super clean and brighter and bolt right in. Interior looks killer dude!
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Regular headliners are $150 all day anywhere prob more like $110 in CA- just take in the old headliner board.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

I'm in the process of switching all my images over to Flickr (F you very much Photobucket) so sadly all the pics on this thread are gonna disappear. I'll try to at least do a photo dump to get this thread back up to speed once I get all my pics transferred over to Flickr.
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

F1Brendan wrote:How much was it to get that headliner redone? I’m on my second junkyard one, and they all end up failing somewhere. You should look into a dome light from an older Taurus too.. looks just like the 97 Truck ones or later bronco ones, but they’re in opal grey like our interiors, super clean and brighter and bolt right in. Interior looks killer dude!
I paid $140 to have the headliner and visors redone in my B2 a couple weeks ago, included teardown, new foam, new cardboard for my visors, and installation all in the oem blue. Doubt our F150's headliners would be any more since they're smaller lengthwise
Potato.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Doing a photo dump/rehash of my build thread now that I moved all my pics, here goes.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

I just started this project about 6 weeks ago (November 2012), so figured it was time to start a build thread. I picked up this 1994 F-150 as a weekend driver, surf wagon, Home Depot hauler, and weekend project. Originally the idea was to just clean it up, leave it mostly stock, and use the hell out of it. Like everyone else on this site, that plan went out the window in a matter of weeks. Here's a picture of the truck as I took delivery about 6 weeks ago. It's got the 5.0, auto trans, and had 99,800 on the odometer when I got it. It also had a dented hood, cracked windshield, bubbled purple window tint, mismatched bald tires, and a plastic bedliner that was beat to shit.

Now that the build is starting to take shape, the plans for it are fairly simple. I want it to be able to perform offroad, but maintain a relatively stock appearance, and decent street manners that it currently has. So the plans for the build are:

Front suspension: Camburg bushing radius arms, Autofab bent beams, Camburg coil bucklets, 2.5"x10" Sway Away shocks, new ball joints, stainless brake lines and limit straps

Rear suspension: Deaver F53 springs, Camburg shackles, 2.5" x 10" Sway Away shocks (underneath the bed), limit straps

Wheels/Tires: Outlaw 2 / Nitto Terra Grappler 295/75/16 (33.4" x 11.5" x 16")

Engine/drivetrain: K&N intake, Magnaflow muffler, 4.56 rear gears, LPW diff cover

Exterior: Rear tube bumper, possible front bumper/skidplate, spray in bedliner, ammo can bed storage

Interior: Redo the window tint, new stereo head unit, maybe down the road some Mastercraft Daily Driver seats

Misc: Optima battery/camburg battery tray

After about 4 weeks of working on the truck, here's where it sat as of last weekend:

I had the windshield replaced, sourced a white stock hood from a fellow DR member, had the tint redone, and installed a new head unit, and had the spray in bedliner done. I also had the ammo can storage mounted in the bed, as well as a 2.5 gallon jerry can to hold water for post surf session feet rinses. Will post pics of that later.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Then this past weekend I started the teardown for the front suspension.

Up on jackstands and starting the teardown:

Teardown finished, radius arm brackets removed, and coil bucket rivet heads ground off:

Snagged some beams from Autofab and got them bolted up:

That's it for now. This coming weekend I should be able to get the front end all put back together and the truck back down on all 4.

Will post pics of the parts that I've got ready to go on the truck later this week.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Worked on the truck most of today as well, and am damn near finished. If I had a jack that went up high enough, I would have put the tires back on and took it off the jackstands...gotta wait til tomorrow to borrow a better jack.

Here's a pic during the coil bucket mock up:

Here's the (almost) finished product:

All that's left now is to bolt up the bumpstops, limit straps, secure the reservoirs, and install the braided stainless steel brake lines. Oh yeah...looks like I'm gonna have to get an intake kit, since the stock air intake is in the way of the drivers side reservoir hose.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Finally got it back down on the ground last night...stoked! Still needs an alignment, and have a few other small things to button up (secure drivers side resi, replace brake lines with braided SS lines, attach limit straps and bumps) but other than that, the front end is done.

It's definitely got a bit of a bro lean to it right now, but stage 2 with the Deaver F53's and Camburg shackles will take care of that.

Quick close up shot of the suspension

nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Truck is back from Southwest Performance. First off, let me just say that Mark and his dad are freaking awesome! They did a killer job on the rear axle swap and buttoned up a ton of other little odds and ends and the truck is working great now. Here's the list of what was done:

-New rear springs and extended shackles...in keeping with the retro theme of this build, it's a custom pack from National Spring, and the shackles are from Mark @ Southwest.

-Installed Southwest Performance's rear 2 link kit.

- Swapped in a Ford 8.8 from a bronco with 4:56 gears, and a Detroit locker.

-Added a truss to the rear end, as well as an LPW rear diff cover.

-Sway-Away 2.5" x 10" shocks mounted under the bed.

-Mounted braided stainless steel brake lines front and rear.

-Cycled front/rear suspension, mounted limit straps and bump stops.

-Clearanced front bumper to clear tires.

-Installed some blinged out gold lug nuts.

No more bro lean here:

Slapped in some new ball joints while I had the front end apart.

Bling bling

In bed storage:

This thing will double as a gas can mount, but most of the time it'll cary a water jug for post surf session feet rinses.

nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Here's a couple more pics that I snapped this afternoon.

Front suspension all finished up. Limit straps mounted, brake lines swapped out, bumpstops relocated:

Rear suspension is almost done too. National spring pack, 2.5" x 10" Sway-aways, Ford 8.8 axle with simple truss, and Detroit locker.

Still waiting to add the 2 link bars. The 2 link frame bracket and axle tabs are already there. Just need to bolt those in and add some limit straps.

Another shot of the axle truss and the rear diff cover.

nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Not a major update, but finally got the rear limit straps bolted in place, and ditched the chrome wheel wheel trim. I debated removing the body trim, but I think I'm gonna keep it...I think it goes well with the sleeper theme.