White 1994 F-150 Sleeper Build

nubreed71
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Re: White 1994 F-150 Sleeper Build

Post by nubreed71 »

Anytime, shoot me a PM or a text with any questions.
RunSupertrampRun
Bronco Info: No bronco currently

Post by RunSupertrampRun »

I saw you're selling the truck over on race-dezert?
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Yep, got an ad on here also!
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

I took the truck by Richer today to check the rear shock clearance at full bump with the new remote resis.

Looks like there should be no clearance issues!

nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

I took the truck out for a day trip to Borrego/Ocotillo and had a blast...no issues, drove there, drove all day and then drove home. The truck ran great and I had a blast seeing everybody and getting in some dirt miles.

I got peer pressured into taking the truck off a sweet jump. As you can see, I didn't get like 3 feet of air that time.

Some screen grabs from that video:

Back home and all cleaned up!

nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

She gone.

BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

So, now what?
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

I'm looking at gen 1 Raptors. I'd like something capable of the occasional offroad trip, but also a bit more family friendly.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

It was spotted at the Legacy brewing event today. New owners out and about.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Yep, I was gonna go up there with Christian, but ended up not being able to make it. Glad to see she's getting out :-)
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

nubreed71 wrote:11/2/2017

Finally got my headliner/visors reupholstered in gray tweed to match my seats. Also broke down and shelled out the cash for some Coverlay reproduction door panels. I had them ship the panels disassembled and then had my upholstery guy do some panels in tweed also. Stoked with how it all turned out!

Just hit me this morning I shouldn't have muddied the Orca thread with this.....sorry Taylor. Continuing here......

Looking very nice Taylor just like the F150. I appreciate the detail. Can I take you back to page 48 of your F150 build for some details about the Coverlay door panels?

I need to start dressing the interior of Mom & Dad's Thanksgiving Bronco, and the Coverlay panels are going to be a part. Two things:

1) The color: "The door panels are the light gray color from Coverlay. I'm glad I called them and had them send me swatches because if I had to guess, I would have bought the medium gray." They sent me three little color strips of the grays......you say "swatch". Did you get something larger from them? Maybe I don't need them, assuming your F150 interior was the same Opal Gray or whatever the lighter later model Ford gray is. Did the panels match the rest of the interior?

2) Disassembled from Coverlay? "I had them ship the panels disassembled.....". Can you please elaborate on this? Since I plan to do the same thing at the upholstery shop I'd like to know more about the reason and/or benefit of this special request.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jim - I can help- the panels are shipped unassembled so that they are easier to put together after all the custom stuff is done. For whoever reason coverlay wont allow you to send your coverings and have them do that at a higher cost. Make sure you look for the best shipped deal because all the ones out there are built after purchase.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt pretty much nailed it. I found the best price online, and then called Coverlay to make sure if I placed the order, I could call them afterwards and have them ship the panels unassembled. I made sure to get the name of the person I spoke with at Coverlay, and then placed the order with the online retailer, and then called that person back at Coverlay and make sure they noted it on the order. I'd look at Rock Auto. With their 5% discount codes that they always send out, their prices are the cheapest I can find.

I used to have the swatches stashed somewhere and will see if I can find them. If I can, I'll happily mail them your way so you can compare. Overall the light gray was a pretty damn good match.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Call me stupid if you want.....not sure what I'm not getting here. Maybe having never seen these Coverlay panels in person is the problem.

When you guys say "unassembled" do you mean the raw plastic panel alone without the padded arm rest, carpet and whatever that fuzz is on top attached to it? This because Coverlay glues these things on so hard to remove?

Sorry for the questions....
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

That's pretty much it. They'll ship without the armrest screwed on, as well as without the upper upholstered piece (which is actually 2 pieces) and the lower upholstered piece attached. I haven't seen them attached, so wouldn't know, but who knows what kind of plastic epoxy they're using to attach these things. Easier to just have em ship unassembled.

There's also a bit of assembly required regardless. You'll have to drill out the plastic welds on your OEM door panels and pull the little plastic pockets off that house the door lights, and then epoxy them on to your new door panels. Also, I took off the little panel with the bristles that covers the hole where the interior door handle sticks through, and epoxied those onto the back of the Coverlay units. The Coverlay units come with a piece of felt covering that hole, and it's pretty janky looking if you ask me.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Now I get it.....agreed RA looks like the best deal. Thanks Taylor!
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Glad to help!
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

How well do the door panels fit? They look like they fit well. Are they any sturdier than the factory panels? Or prone to the same rattles and wobbliness?
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Overall the Coverlay units are pretty decent, but only after I put some work into them. Getting the panels upholstered in tweed makes them look a ton nicer, and getting rid of the felt they used to cover the door handle holes, and replacing it with the bristles from the OEM door panels made a big difference. They're still not silent, but a helluva lot better than brittle old OEM ones, that's for sure.
Whiterhino1
Bronco Info: 1994 bronco 4 inch lift 35's

Post by Whiterhino1 »

Are you selling the old 3.0s off the back?
NoobEdgar
Bronco Info: 93 f150 xlt 4x4 5.8

Post by NoobEdgar »

Hey bro where you get your front and rear bumper?
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Richer Racing fabricated the bumpers for me.