White 1994 F-150 Sleeper Build

Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

Looks BAD ASS !! I love your rig!. Those fender supports would make an awesome, bolt on production part. CHO!?!.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Re: White 1994 F-150 Sleeper Build

Post by Silverslk »

Even your shell matches your paint..... Ha ha

Seems like a great price on that shell and it looks great on your truck
nubreed71
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Post by nubreed71 »

Time to paint my fenders now eh?
cypher
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Post by cypher »

This thing just keeps getting more amazing by the minute. Sweet deal on the shell. If your truck is ever missing check my driveway first. Haha
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Something tells me Cho doesn't wanna make another set of these things anytime soon...he put in a ton of time on them! Hats off to him for sure, he knocked it outta the park.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

nubreed71 wrote:Time to paint my fenders now eh?
Eh, spend your $$ on stuff that matters. Paint is just for looks & comes last.

Now if you're done with everything else on the truck - sure, paint those suckers.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

I know Tony begs to differ...lol!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

He sure does!

What I post up is my thought/opinion on things though and I just don't get spending $ on paint when other things are still needed on my trucks. You, Tony & others may differ though, although I'm not saying Tony paints 1st and performances later. I will say he has some weird teflon fetish though... :?
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Lol at the teflon fetish!

I definitely see both sides of the coin on that one. The truck will look killer all finished up, but at the same time, I'm sure those funds would finance a lot of other cool performance mods. We'll have to see with one wins out for me!
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Very nice, Taylor!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Paint it Taylor! It will never be done. Paint it now or it will end up like my hoopty...old, tired and ugly. At least me and the Bronco are a proper match. Anyway, keep that thing looking top notch as you build, unless you're planning to drop a quick 30k and finish it off. Love that front end!
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

X2 ^^
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

yikes wrote:Paint it Taylor! It will never be done. Paint it now or it will end up like my hoopty...old, tired and ugly. At least me and the Bronco are a proper match. Anyway, keep that thing looking top notch as you build, unless you're planning to drop a quick 30k and finish it off. Love that front end!
Looks aren't everything. I'd take your truck before many of the painted up pretty ones around.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for stuff that looks nice. I'm just not big on spending $ on looks before other stuff if needed.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

The main debate for me is do I paint just the fenders and hood, or get the whole damn thing painted. The rain gutters are a little rough, and theres a few tiny lil rust spots near there and on the roof. Would be kinda nice to get all that stuff sorted out all at once. Not to mention, if I ever decide to have the lower/rear portion of the bedsides trimmed/rolled, i'd need to repaint those as well.
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

like you steve I do not care if my project is one color until finished.......but

whats crazy to me is that a fresh paint job total changes how nice your ride is........you can have 20k in parts on a truck and if you don't paint it the truck does not look like it has 20K into it.....VS a painted truck looks like you spent 20k on the truck. like you Steve my opinion is parts VS paint but Yikes "statement of it is never finished".... and this may have changed my view on paint. my bronco Hood was bad so I sprayed it black.... completely changed the bronco look.

on the flip side
I was in the same spot as you with my last bronco build. got truck painted first run out bush waking F up paint.....just saying lol

if you can get away with front clip I would do that ( it is a off-road truck)....you feel all needs a fresh coat or it will bug you...then your looking at all Clean fresh paint

So it comes down to what will bug you more F- up paint that is new from the trail......or truck not having complete fresh paint due to flows on body......you know this already lol
F1Brendan
Bronco Info: It's a non Bronc! the bronco's larger cousin with a bed, a 95 f1

Post by F1Brendan »

The paint on these old trucks is killer quality honestly, yeah you could have a couple little rust spots, but you're in southern California. Throw some touch up paint on them and call it a day haha. You won't get a factory quality paint job for under 4-5k. Just have a good place color match the fenders and hood and do a little color sand on the older paint and wax it out. The paint is weird on these old trucks, it doesn't have a "clear coat" per say, it has another coat of a slightly different tinge of white, but it'll hold up fine to some wet sanding. And honestly, it's an off road truck. It already looks pristine, if I were you I'd way sooner dump 5k into a mildly built 351 over a whole new paint job haha! Just food for thought, truck looks killer!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I agree with the above! I'd say maybe have whoever ends up spraying your fenders and hood do some light tough up on areas you want. I don't think you'd want to drop the coin for a complete respray. Well, at least a quality one.

Oh and Willie - I like that a non painted truck doesn't look like it has $20k in it as less people look at it then & it's theoretically less likely to draw attention & get stolen! That's part of my "I'm too cheap to paint it" argument I give myself at least.
Although in this case the truck in question does look very nice as is so will probably draw the same attention painted or not.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

That's my main hesitation RE painting the whole truck. Hard to beat that factory paint! The rust is more of an issue than you might think being only a couple miles from the ocean. No snow/salt to deal with, but the salt air does take a toll. The only other issue is that my bed was painted above the body line on one side, and that paint has not held up well and is starting to crack/flake. Originally I had planned to just do bedsides to remedy that, but now with the shell, I'm not so sure I wanna do that. I guess I could just get that portion repainted.

Good problems to have i suppose.
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I agree with the above! I'd say maybe have whoever ends up spraying your fenders and hood do some light tough up on areas you want. I don't think you'd want to drop the coin for a complete respray. Well, at least a quality one.

Oh and Willie - I like that a non painted truck doesn't look like it has $20k in it as less people look at it then & it's theoretically less likely to draw attention & get stolen! That's part of my "I'm too cheap to paint it" argument I give myself at least.
Although in this case the truck in question does look very nice as is so will probably draw the same attention painted or not.

Steve Agree

your plan will come to you in a dream.....soon Taylor ....lol
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Taylor, my buddy has bedsides on his t100. He plans on putting a shell as well. He added a 1" square tube under the bed rail to beef it up. Kind the idea of the adding to the fender skins for support. Seeing as you already came out of the sleeper relm you might as well!