Bronco TTB under a mountaineer for every occassion

mercurymullet
Bronco Info: 5.0 Mercury mountaineer CutNTurn TTB 44 bronco frame in front.

Bronco TTB under a mountaineer for every occassion

Post by mercurymullet »

I posted a couple days ago and got some request for a build thread. I have had just about every type of desert ride (bikes, quads, a cheap sand rail, 2 baja bugs, a 68 bronco, and I have bombed my old DD tacoma that was stock) I now have two kids and my baja bug wasn't cutting it. I needed to be able to keep up with quads (parents and wife), I also am a go fast guy but need to have 4wd because as a redneck all my friends have jeeps.

My dream was to have a 4 seater, that like my bronco could drive over stuff with the jeeps and like my yota could be driven to the desert for day/overnighter trips but didn't want a fullsize (my buddy has an 88 bronco). It also needed to keep up with mild quad riding and sand. I choices, in my opinion, were a first gen 4runner but didn't want cvs-first gen exploder with a 44 ttb conversion-or a V8 exploder with a SAS.
I was talking to my buddy from washington, who happen to be down on military duty and is a ford god, his idea was using the front section of frame from bronco/f150 to make a v8, ttb44, 4dr exploder. Good power, reliable FACTORY suspension and not to big. IM IN.

So I went and picked up an AWD 97 mountaineer for 2500. My buddy towed it home to washington. He had some personal isues (House bulder left him hangiung on his new house, 3 knee surgeys and a bad car accident that left him dealing with car insurance companies) it took longer than we thought, but is done.

So Ivan put the fiberglass on then lifted the body off. Cut the front of the frame off an 84 bronco and cut my rear. Tried to match them and finally decided to just make the center 3 feet of frame out of box steel. Made the frame and fabbed some body mount brackets. Proceeded to box the frame and solid mounted the motor with a mustang cam with stiffer vavle springs and torque monster headers. He made a trans tube crossmember that goes over the top of the driveshaft and exhaust and bolted up the np208 transfer case to give me some low range. It sounds easy but most of you know that is pretty labor intensive.

He then put on the 62" deavers and some beefy radius arms. Made some hoops for the 2.5 king coilovers and set it up for the truck to set as low as possible since I came from bugs, and little trucks. Made a bad ass front bumper to hold my winch and HIDs.

Started the cage to hold the 3.0 king bypasses and harnesses. I was running out of time and money so my cage is only B-pillar back. But has 4 mustang buckets.

Other little notes. I sit about 3-4 inches above stock, have on board air with a 2.5 gallon tank, Thunderbird brake package, 4:56 gear with 33x12.50 BFG KM2s, running hefty LS front and rear (Not really lockers 60% front 90% rear), almost 17" travel in the front, 18" in the rear,10500lb winch, 4 55w HIDs, Trans shift kit, front and rear are trussed, setup to use factory driveshafts from various bronco years, everything works event the window washer and sun roof.
mercurymullet

Re: Bronco TTB under a mountaineer for every occassion

Post by mercurymullet »

[imghttp://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk287/cr250250r/merc19.jpg][/img]
mercurymullet

Post by mercurymullet »

mercurymullet

Post by mercurymullet »

mercurymullet

Post by mercurymullet »

mercurymullet

Post by mercurymullet »

mercurymullet

Post by mercurymullet »

Not the best build thread I know, but thats what I got. Thanks for looking
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

that thing is very cool, great job on it.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

bajascott wrote:that thing is very cool, great job on it.
I agree! Where are you located?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

I like those Mustang seats, they're really comfortable. Awesome build, looks like you're going to have plenty of fun in that.
mercurymullet

Post by mercurymullet »

Nick wrote:
bajascott wrote:that thing is very cool, great job on it.
I agree! Where are you located?
el cajon/lakeside

(san diego)
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

I just picked one of these up for a work truck with the intention to replace the very tired old Bronco II. If I sent it to your buddy do you think he would set it up the same for a grand? Haha! That's a pretty cool rig. They sure don't start out that way, the radiator hangs down 6" below the frame and there is nothing but plastic out in front of it. Knew some guys that rented one to pre-run at Primm one year and the radiator fell out. I can see why! The Bronco frame and ttb makes sense.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

What a cool build!! awesome to see how it came together.
cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

Nice build man. Welcome to the site, and sounds like we're neighboors too.
@cwriz