A pair of 74's...

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

So no broncos for me aside from an 86 and 96 I cut up and parted out so I could get my motor and another few goodies.

I do know however that the guys here have a soft spot for old Fords just like me. I think mine is more of a disease than a "soft spot" but oh well.

The 74 4wd crew cab will be the tow rig and chase truck for the 74 F-100 supercab.

The crew cab is almost done - I am just waiting on a buddy to get my d60 axle back to me. He's had it for WAY too long and is now holding up my build :cry:
It's getting:
Dana 60 front, corp 14 rear, 95 cummins motor out of a dodge with a built NV4500 trans and bit of a build on the stock, divorced 205 T-case. It's rolling on 315/75r16 BFGs, will have stock type leafs with 2.5" SAW's up front and chevy 64" leafs with 2.0 Foxes out back. It will be Line-Xed inside and under both the cab and the bed when done. I'm putting 2002 or so stupid-doddy power seats in it along with power windows and possibly door locks later. It'll have on board air and a chase rack added once the supercab is built.
Best pic I have right now - but I do have a 50 or so page build thread I can link to if you want to see it.

The 74 supercab will be "built" after the crew is driving. Plans include a 2" DOM roll cage - tip to tail, a built 351w with culhane c6 and a gearvendors OD. It will have 4 seats if I can squeeze um in. If not 3 will do :D The front end is autofab for now and I'll be throwing a 2.5" king bypass up front for the time being. Once I get into caging it, etc. It'll have custom beams with 2.5" snouts and hubs up front with 2.5" king coil overs and 3.0" Fox bypasses.
The rear will get my 35 spline full floater and 64" deavers for now with a 3" bypass.

All the parts from this "abandoned child" (it's for sale) are going towards the supercab and my goal is to have the thing running while I build it. The ranger has been on a frame jig for WAY too long and I'm missing the seat time in the dirt so I want somethin I can drive as I build.

Ranger that donated it's parts to the supercab

And finally - the supercab. Waiting patiently to be biult...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by Nick »

It's about time you came over here!

I dig the crew cabs, looking forward to watching your progress!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Nick wrote:It's about time you came over here!
Not being a bronco guy (I like them - but am anti smog controlled vehicles so I don't have one) I was kind of putting it off.

I did have some parts off a bronco to sell though and rather than bugging a buddy to list um for me I just made a screen name and came over.

I doub't I'll participate a ton here since I'm already a regular on like 6 other forums but I'll try and remember to post up progress
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

im kinda bummed i'll never see that ranger move....its only been like 6 years.haha
glad you made it over here steve. let me know if you need any parts for your trucks...there is a ton of sheetmetal and drive train parts for those up here as i told ya before!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'm bummed on the ranger as well - but just facing reality now. I have way too much going on to ever finish it the way I want to.

Thanks for the offer on parts but I think I've got it all handled. Those things are easy to come by down here too and it seems if I ever need a part I end up buying a whole truck and parting it out after I take what I need off it.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Steve,

Get that engine swap done already and lets see the Green machine out and about.

Chris
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I wish I could. My buddy that has my front d60 (2 of them actually) has fallen off the face of the earth and hasn't been returning calls. I can't wrap that thing until I get it back :(

In the mean time I am working on other upgrades to the crew and then getting my alfa to be more of a "driver". I want that thing painted and looking good for som summer time criusing!
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Nick wrote:It's about time you came over here!
Not being a bronco guy (I like them - but am anti smog controlled vehicles so I don't have one) I was kind of putting it off.

I did have some parts off a bronco to sell though and rather than bugging a buddy to list um for me I just made a screen name and came over.

I doub't I'll participate a ton here since I'm already a regular on like 6 other forums but I'll try and remember to post up progress
Well, anyways welcome aboard!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Thanks.

As you can probably tell I've been around a while and I know a bunch of the "regulars" here from time spent on other boards.

So yeah - it's good to have another place to waste my time while at work :lol:
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

at least you are working.............
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

I'll PM you once I've posted some pics of the 79 F100 prerunner you asked to see. Got a 79 3fitty 4x4 to, that I need to put a new cab on for a tow/chase rig.

Do you hang out at Ford fanatics or Fordification under the same username?
Love some more links to Ford trucks if you got em.

Sorry to jack this thread, so back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Greg
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

It's not hijacked - it's my thread and you are asking for links I offered up...

As for the 79 - please do let me know when you post up pics. And if you need a cab - I know where a rust free 73 cab is that you can grab for CHEAP. It's right here in Costa Mesa by me if you are in So Cal.

As for the link to the build thread - I have 2. One on www.cummins-froum.com (which I will link to because I was able to go back and edit after changing my photobucket setup early on) and then the one on www.ford-trucks.com (or "FTE" - Ford Truck Enthusiasts - where I hang out) that I wasn't able to go back and edit.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/cummi ... w-cab.html
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

supercab comes back from Vegas on the 24th this month since the fenders should be done.

Now I just gotta get this crew cab rolling so I can get that thing in the shop when it gets here...
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:supercab comes back from Vegas on the 24th this month since the fenders should be done.

Now I just gotta get this crew cab rolling so I can get that thing in the shop when it gets here...

Pics or it didnt happen!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

uhh - not sure what you want Tony because I haven't gone to pick it up yet so I can't have pics of bringing it home, but here are some updates...

Pic on the way to Vegas

Some of the "goings on" in Vegas...

There were 3 or 4 slight changes I had made in the plugs before they made molds off these things and I don't have any pics of the final product. Molds will be waxed this week with the 1st parts coming out of them at the end of this week or very early next.

My hope is to bring 5 sets of fenders home with me. My buddy Mike who is helping tow the thing back also towed it out (since the crew cab wasn't able to make the trip either time) so he will be getting 1 set. I may or may not keep a set of this 1st run depending on how much demand there is for them.

The supercab won't be ready for fenders this wide for a while, but since no one made anything this big (these are 5" flare per side) I stepped up. The goal is for the price to be better than autofab's 3" flare fenders, with the quality being as good as autofab if not better ;)

Now I just gotta get the crew cab running as this supercab will be WAAAAAY to tempting to fiddle with when it get's back. I promised myself I wouldn't start on this thing until the crew was driving, but I'm really tempted to bring this to pismo in July :o
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Post by johncharlesb »

I don't think that board is going to hold up at all. You beef up that tape job. That tape looks marginal at best. You could use those other pieces to gusset it with a little more tape. Maybe its a curb feeler?.., still could use more tape, just saying...30mph history.

Seriously, very nice old trucks. I dig the old dent sides. Those fenders look nicely done. That is pretty impressive that you built your own molds. Nice symetry and good job on incorporating the dent contours.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'd love to claim I built my own molds, but I didn't. I know better than that - hahaha.

I have WAAAAY too much going on to mess with something like that so I paid a pro to do it.

I'll be selling the fenders to try and re-coup some of the mold costs, although I'm not sure I ever will. I probably shouldn't have spent the time/effort to have these made, but I got excited about them and jumped in feet 1st. Now that I own another set of molds (already own one for LARGE flare ranger front fenders) I may set up a small website so people can know I have them for sale. I doubt I'll get around to it though as I ma lazy :oops:
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Damn Steve!! Those fenders look good, those wheels look GREAT!!! hahahaha
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Thanks Tony.

I need to get this thing home and give it some lovin so I can drive it around!
towerace1

Post by towerace1 »

This will look bad ass when done! What are you thinking about for suspension?