A pair of 74's...

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Leaving the shop and trying to stuff everything into a small, 3 car garage & still fir a washer/dryer and her car in it! No easy feat for sure & that's why I'm currently offing all sorts of stuff & pulling my hair out doing so.

And Erik - CL seems almost like a group of stand up buyers after dealing with some of the off road community! There's good ones and flakes in both for sure though.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Made miniscule progress, so I figured it was time for an update.

Haven't had much time in the shop at all due to the move, but the truck will be moved to the house this week so I HAD to spend a little time on it to at least get it together enough to roll on a trailer or tow truck.

That being said I did a little trimming on the inner fender for the exhaust.

I also quickly threw on a part that I've had sitting here for months but never did much with. It's not done but hey, at least it's kind on the truck. Upper radiator mount...

I also cut & bead rolled the IC tubes since I got most of my silicone hoses for the things for Christmas. I ordered the 1 I don't have and then the 2 T-bolt clamps I'm lacking as of today. These should get sand blasted & see powdercoat this week

And last but not least - this is how I left her this morning. The hood was being a pain to get aligned yet again, so it wouldn't go on the hood pin on one side. Ugh! I'll use a bigger hammer on it soon so it'll play nice!

Next pics will probably be the thing on a trailer coming to the house.

Oh and anyone who feels like being nice and for some reason doesn't have anything to do this weekend - I'll be moving the big stuff out of the shop. Feel free to come on by & lend a hand if you're masochist enough to do so!
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Wow, I never thought of doing my exhaust like that... My tire almost rubs the body mount though.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Hell yeah! It's coming together. Keep up the progress!
Dust
Bronco Info: Go Slow Ford's From 1957 to 1994

Post by Dust »

I'd be there to help but it is a bit of a walk, so I'll hoist a drink in your general direction.

...in the wind...
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Philo - They 35's still have 2" or so clearance on this at full pump. Had I gone 37's or a 4 link & coilover setup which would have gained more bump travel - it would have been close.

Erik - yeah, progress is good. It's false progress though as it's got to come back apart again to finish it. I'm thinking of this as a pre mock up, mock up :roll:

Chris - it's been windy here lately Chris - so maybe it will make it! Thanks.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Here's a pic from this morning.

And here's one from when it got here in March 2009.

The truck doesn't look much different than 4 years ago when it got here, but a lot of changes have been made. The shop on the other hand looks EMPTY in the 1st pic! I' already moved a bunch of stuff outta here & the place still looks full!
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

philofab wrote:Wow, I never thought of doing my exhaust like that... My tire almost rubs the body mount though.
We run the exhaust on the Bronco the same way with 35's, and they only very occasionally touch. Not enough to dent or anything. Will take that over having the exhaust run inside the frame rails where it is in the way and heats everything up. And you can dump it out easy out the side.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Yup. Exhaust route uses an otherwise "wasted" space outside the framerail too. Easy enough to keep it tucked up & out of harms way out there too.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Heck, it looks like it's ready to drive!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

As we all know - looks can be deceiving!

As long as the city thinks it's complete though I'm all good.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Do u have an hoa? Why does it have to look complete?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

City of HB is just notoriously bad for "decrepit" vehicles.

It should be behind a fence soon though so I should be fine
93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

hahahah tell me about it...... they don't miss an opportunity to nail me on something!!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

So I moved the shop this weekend. HUUUUGE thanks to Travis for all his hard work!

Matt - I saw you around down delivering a few times this weekend. 1 was on PCH on Sat. I was in a big stakebed truck full of machinery though. The 2nd time I was driving the wife's Edge on the way to dinner. I looked and waved both times but didn't expect you to see me or know who it was even if you did.

Ok - so here's some pics of a little work I did last week while I was prepping the truck to leave the shop. Looks like it was the last work I'll do in the shop. The truck is still there as my buddy who was going to help me tow it over to the house had a job he had to complete, so the truck won't move here till this week or this coming weekend.

Anyway, I've had an idea for a hood prop. for a while since I ditched the hood springs when I went to the fiberglass hood. It all started with a spare tire crank from I think one of my old exploders or something. I had it lying around whatever it is.

I cut the thing a bit, rounded one end & added a washer. I then ran a die over the other end.

I'm just now realizing I didn't get an overall pic of how the thing attaches or works so I'll have to mess with that whenever I have time this week. It's painted now & paints been drying for 1/2 a week so I'll throw it on & take a pic.

I also put the fuel tank in, realized I had too much angle on the fill tube & it hit the bottom of the bed before the tank went all the way up. So I dropped the tank adjusted, re-tacked the thing and put back up. Looks much better now but I'm still thinking I might drop it just a tiny bit.

That's all for now. Back to organizing the tools/machinery at the house and then running some new 220 legs before I can really get back to work on it.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Just because
Attachments
4-20-13 outside shop.jpg
4-20-13 outside shop.jpg (87.2 KiB) Viewed 781 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

A couple more of the hood prop.

Worked out well as it fit right in one of the bossed holes I already had in the core support. Now I just need to grab a clip or holder off a donor truck to give it a place to clip into when not in use.

The bad part is I've parted a bunch of the broncos & F-150's that had the clip I now need & thrown all the clips away.

If anyone is parting an 80's or 90's ford you mind letting me know? I'll take the clip for the hood prop.

7D6F250
Bronco Info: i drive a 76' F250 and a 09' F350

Post by 7D6F250 »

ahh ye-ah boy-ee! :mrgreen:
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Looks awesome! Ill look the next time im at the junk yard.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I got a hood clip for ya.