Welp i Replaced the Bronco...

crazyjim
Bronco Info: 2000 Jeep XJ

Re: Welp i Replaced the Bronco...

Post by crazyjim »

Will, it was great meeting and talking to you about the Jeep this weekend! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

The drop brackets you posted are great, it's what I ran on mine, and I couldn't complain. Again, I'd do frame stiffening first, and once you do that, stitch weld them in a few places. The only issue I ever had was them flexing from the beatings they took, stitch welding them helped that. I also ended up stitch welding the track bar drop bracket (which you'll end up needing) to prevent that from coming loose. Also another common problem.

As for arms, Currie makes a great simple arm, get adjustables, you'll thank yourself for it later.

And springs, if you're buying new, call Deaver, and tell them what you're going to be carrying, how much weight etc, and they'll build them for the weight you specify. But again, I'd save some duckets for the offroad swap meet, and try to scoop up a set of used deavers from a Jeepspeed team there. I bought and sold a couple packs for a nice little profit last year, the deals are there!
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Jim, wanna build me some LCA's?
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

These puppies will be mine soon. Gonna have to head out to pick them up next week. More than overkill for my build, but hey, look how sexy they are!

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Becks_Bronco wrote:These puppies will be mine soon. Gonna have to head out to pick them up next week. More than overkill for my build, but hey, look how sexy they are!

Awesome Will.... where are they located? Make sure you powdercoat those puppies!!!
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Becks_Bronco wrote:These puppies will be mine soon. Gonna have to head out to pick them up next week. More than overkill for my build, but hey, look how sexy they are!

BEEF!!!
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

tcm glx wrote:

Awesome Will.... where are they located? Make sure you powdercoat those puppies!!!
At Grimm's shop in Gardena.

Haha, i already plan on stopping at the powdercoater's on my way back from picking them up :)
crazyjim

Post by crazyjim »

Tony, those are the control arms I built for my XJ before I sold it. Grimm picked 'em up but I'm pretty sure his build is on hold.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

crazyjim wrote:Tony, those are the control arms I built for my XJ before I sold it. Grimm picked 'em up but I'm pretty sure his build is on hold.

Yup. Well aware of that!! I Remember when you built them, I think I still had an XJ. Hahaha
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Grimm said he's never put them on, so they're still "new" :)
crazyjim

Post by crazyjim »

tcm glx wrote:
crazyjim wrote:Tony, those are the control arms I built for my XJ before I sold it. Grimm picked 'em up but I'm pretty sure his build is on hold.

Yup. Well aware of that!! I Remember when you built them, I think I still had an XJ. Hahaha

Noooooooo... Easy guy, it wasn't THAT long ago hahaha.