The F-Bomb

Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Re: The F-Bomb

Post by Quailhunter »

I love the two back panels that are vented! Updates Updates Updates
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Yeah Mike - what's up with this??? Hopefully the shoulder is doing better & you've been able to get some work done in your free time!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

Post by squirelmurphy »

Well, like Steve mentioned, I had surgery on my shoulder a while back. I haven't been able to get too much done, but I've been chipping away at some little things. It's getting closer, but as they say, the last 10% takes 90% of the time.

So, now, the only part anyone cares about...PICTURES!

I've mounted a few things. Fire extinguishers, jack handle, fuel filler, license plate, etc...

The jack handle is spring loaded.

With the tires back on.

I made a bracket to mount the license plate, I made it so it wouldn't get killed when the jack is taken in/out.
squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

Post by squirelmurphy »

I built a console out of 1" box tubing. I'm going to weld some 22ga over it, then it will be covered in fabric. The center will get an aluminum panel. Thats where I will have the T-handle for the halon fire bottle that will be pointed at the intake manifold and top of the trans. I'll also put the battery switch, intercom, and race radio there.

Both seats in. This truck is still roomy inside, even with the big Mastercraft 3g's.

Fire bottle mounted.

Here is one of the back. Ice chest, two optimas, Co2 tank, 2 11gal dump cans, and still room for tools and junk.

I had to modify the Co2 tank bracket. It used a latch originally, there wasn't enough room to use it, so I used a limit strap and a little creativity.

See, lots of room. lol...

Gauge cluster and one of the dash.

Fresh Culhane C6 waiting to be pressed into service. Holley carb courtesy of SMI.

I hope I can get the motor and trans in soon, then I can begin plumbing. I want to have it in the dirt this summer some time. I really want to have it somewhat shaken down before to B1k.

Thats all I have for now!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

NICE Mike!
only1mikey
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco

Post by only1mikey »

Heal up and keep plugging away, don't let the tedious stuff discourage you.

Mike
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Incredible attention to detail, and just a overall solid truck, It's amazing to watch it come along.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

So many nice things going on, on this truck!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Nick wrote:So many nice things going on, on this truck!
X2 on that Nick! What an awesome build. Please keep the pics coming.

Chris
squirelmurphy

Post by squirelmurphy »

Thanks guys, it's slow going sometimes, especially when I've only got one good arm to work with. Besides, I have other things keeping me busy. As much as I love working out in the garage, other things are still more important...

I remember taking my boy with me to check on the truck when it was still at The GMR, he was only a few months old. He's 4 now. My daughter is 6. Holy crap, time flies.
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

I'll Give you $200 for the scooter/Vespa if you throw
In the kids free....j/k :)

Digging the build you have here.
Integrity, Money, Relevance
1amD1cker1@gmail.com
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Damn, excellent work going on right here!!!! Agree with Nick/Chris. Hoping to see it done soon.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

squirelmurphy wrote:Thanks guys, it's slow going sometimes, especially when I've only got one good arm to work with. Besides, I have other things keeping me busy. As much as I love working out in the garage, other things are still more important...

I remember taking my boy with me to check on the truck when it was still at The GMR, he was only a few months old. He's 4 now. My daughter is 6. Holy crap, time flies.
Cute kids. And, yeah, time flies!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Post by Quailhunter »

I love The F-Bomb.....Famliy First......Braces before races...... Fighting Irish.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Nick wrote:So many nice things going on, on this truck!
x4 on this....
squirelmurphy

Post by squirelmurphy »

Not much to update, in fact, it feels like I'm going backwards. Tore the truck apart for undercoating and paint on the underside/frame. I didn't have any stands before, so I finally broke down and got some. They sure do make it easier to work on things.I will also be doing the plumbing while it's apart. It will be a lot easier to plumb the rear end and radius arms on the bench instead of on my back.

I also got some work done on my console today. I would of had finished the sheet metal, but I ran out of mig wire. I was low on gas, I thought that was going to get me, oh well. I just need to put the piece on the back. The middle gets aluminum.

Some parts I picked up. When the rear end goes back in it will be complete. 5.00's with a Detroit, 35 spline 300m full floating axles.

I also wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe 4th of July!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Good to see some progress again!
Quailhunter

Post by Quailhunter »

With the tubing behind the dash will you be able to maintain your heater box?
squirelmurphy

Post by squirelmurphy »

I am planning on running a Vintage Air unit with AC/heat/defrost. I have the mock up unit at home right now. It fits behind the stock dash, but I'll probably give up some, if not all of the glove box. I still have functional stock windshield wipers as well. Careful planning paid off!

Quailhunter, on a side note, I was in Denver with my wife on a business trip this past weekend. I met one of her clients, a pretty good looking, young blond girl. Her daily driver is a 77 flareside just like yours. Red, factory stripes, the works! Of course it was minus all the bitchin' Autofab suspension, killer motor, etc. It is all original, and super nice. Cool story, huh?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

squirelmurphy wrote:Cool story, huh?
Would have been much better with pictures!!!!

Of BOTH ;) :lol: