The F-Bomb

Turf Tamer
Bronco Info: 1990 F-150 396 stroker w/camper shell. Its got KING's bra!!!

Re: The F-Bomb

Post by Turf Tamer »

It was nice chatting with you. Your truck looked even better in person.

Hope you had better luck getting your stickers off the doors. Mine took paint with it on both sides.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

Awesome pics! I had a great time out at the Jump Champs time trial event. I got to meet a couple of GFB'ers too. Will, thanks for the compliments, it was nice talking to you. There were quite a few broncos out there racing, too.

I got the truck put back together just days before the event. I have had it torn down building a new set of I beams, cooling system upgrades, and a few other things. I had hoped to test it out before the event, but I just didn't have time. The only time I had on the truck was the drive home from the alignment shop, 6-7 miles of pavement. It seemed ok, so I loaded it on the trailer and figures I would go test the Friday before the race. Well, the rain cut the practice session short, so I only got one practice lap in. I let some air out of the tires and figured it was ready to race.
The track was a bit sloppy from all the rain. With the conditions and my lack of seat time in the truck, I stayed pretty conservative. I thought I was going to go faster on my second lap, but the setting sun was blinding, especially as I went up the face of the jumps. My times ended up being about the same. The track was really fun. I would love to run this track again when it's dry. Next time, I'll have some more seat time, and the truck will be even better. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

Oh no! My stickers came off ok. The mud, not so much. I've got about 4 hours of pressure washing done, and I figure I'm only about 80% done.

For the record, Turf Tamer and the sleeper F150 smoked me!

squirelmurphy

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

A few pics before the clean up.

I still have some cleaning to do and I haven't unpacked or cleaned the van yet. Racing is fun, but mud sucks!

AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Nice to see the old girl finally get dirty. :D
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Post by Quailhunter »

What was the need for new I-beams? Just curious
squirelmurphy

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

The first set of beams were showing signs of flexing. The new ones are a completely new design, all 4130 just in case. They are identical in geometry, in fact the same beam ends were reused, shock mounts and all.

I've had it out a couple of times since getting it back together. I think the beam issue is fixed now. I've got a couple more little issues that are bugging me, once I get those worked out, it should be a solid rig.

It's a blast to drive. I had it out in Barstow last weekend, can't wait to get it out again.

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Did you have Jason do the replacement beams as well Mike, or who did the fab work on those?
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
squirelmurphy

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

Yes. Jason did all the design and fab.

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

sexy!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects