The F-Bomb

squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

A few updates. I finally solved all my accessory/belt issues. Multiple items needed to be machined to get it to all work. Not really the fault of the manufacture, I used a 427 style balancer which required machining the crank spacer. Then the Howe pumps are press fit, they only make brackets for bolt on style pumps, more machining and trickery required. Well it finally came together today, and it felt good.
I also snapped a pic on the lift while at the muffler shop. And then, the result of that, after coating. Hopefully will be bolted on tomorrow.

squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

I had mentioned earlier that I was going to be at the NexGen open house. I think I said the wrong date, actually, they changed it. Whatever, come on down if you can.

One with the the belts on.

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: The F-Bomb

Post by dtbback »

This thing is so beautiful!
squirelmurphy

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

Exhaust is on. I started adding fluids, getting ready for action. I even added the important fluid. Image

Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Post by Quailhunter »

I hope it will not be clean for long.
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

I need to make sure my bronco is not parked next to this..... very nice man.
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Killer exhaust man!!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
squirelmurphy

Post by squirelmurphy »

I guess I haven't been around these parts in a while. My laptop has been dying a slow death, family stuff has kept me super busy, and I finished the stupid truck. Well, I still have a few more things to do before it's finished, but I've been driving it. On the street, then Barstow, then Baja for the 500. It's not fully sorted out, but it's getting better each time I take it out. I need to build a fan shroud. It hadn't ever run hot until I got to Baja and ran into 100 degree heat, then it gave me some trouble. I didn't get to put as many miles on it as I had hoped, but still had some fun.

The truck is a blast to drive. So much fun in the dirt. I'm going to make some improvements over the summer, I plan on putting lots of miles on this thing.

I'll post some pictures. I didn't get many out in the dirt, too busy checking gauges..
squirelmurphy

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

In Baja, middle of nowhere, then boom Autozone. Had to restock water, also tried a different radiator cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
squirelmurphy

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

A couple more.

This was it's maiden voyage, to the liquor store with my daughter.

Beach trip.

VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Looks great man! Love all the round lights! Just flows so well! Killer truck! I would love to know the 2 spare secret!?!?
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

My truck never got hot until I started prerunning Baja... then I started having fuel issues... then I rolled it.

Funny thing is, it was hotter at home than it was in Baja.

Must be one of those Baja things....
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
squirelmurphy

Post by squirelmurphy »

At home you're probably not near WOT and only going 30mph, either. Silt hillclimbs are hard to find in Long Beach, turns out I wasn't as prepared as I thought. I have joked that my B500 experience was just a prerun for the prerun.

I've been to Baja many times, but this was the first time taking MY truck. I have always driven my vehicle across the border, I mean tow pig, truck and trailer. I noticed that my increased profile attracted more attention. I even got hustled at the border. Another guy with a pre runner on a trailer was waved in behind me. They made us get visas, and stamped our passports. I had paid the registration on my van, but hadn't gotten the new tags. Mind you, it's the 2nd or 3rd day of the following month. He tells me I can't get into Mexico with tags that are 2 days expired. They found fault in paperwork of the guy behind me, too. I believe he had photocopies of all his paperwork. They told each of us we were going to have to turn around and go back. Long story short, it cost each of us $100 to get INTO Mexico. There was at least 6 of them in on the hustle. I had just dropped almost $200 on insurance 5 minutes earlier, they know that you're heavily invested in the trip and that you have a spare hundo in your pocket somewhere.

With that said, I can't wait for the 1000. I'm not angry, I tell it as a cautionary tale, and one of the lessons I learned on this trip. I was already stressed out that morning after seeing Philo rolled his truck on instagram. I felt better once I got to Ensenada. I didn't get near enough tacos last time, so I'll be back.
squirelmurphy

Post by squirelmurphy »

VintageIronFab wrote:Looks great man! Love all the round lights! Just flows so well! Killer truck! I would love to know the 2 spare secret!?!?

Secret? One is none, so I went with 2. If I ever go to a big tire, I would have to switch to 1.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Sorry for stressing you out! I got pulled to secondary but no one hassled me for anything crossing.

The highlight was a old cop walking up to the truck at the very beginning of the border line (leaving Mexico) and telling me in Spanish I was stupid for rolling my truck. Lol.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Post by Quailhunter »

Truck looks great! It takes some time to get the little things all working together. Enjoy!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Glad to see it's getting some use Mike! Bring me back a taco next run please! I won't be going for a while with the next crumb muncher showing up Friday at the latest!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
bpburnard05
Bronco Info: 1995 bronco 5.8, e4od

The F-Bomb

Post by bpburnard05 »

ImageImageImage

bpburnard05
Bronco Info: 1995 bronco 5.8, e4od

The F-Bomb

Post by bpburnard05 »

One more, hope it's ok I put these up on here for you.
Thanks, Brian

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Yesterday, I got to see this beautiful old girl up close. Let me tell you, pictures don't do her enough justice! And, just like all beautiful women, she was definitely sexier with a little mud on her!