The F-Bomb

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: The F-Bomb

Post by dtbback »

squirelmurphy wrote:I reread the figured out you probably mean the brake m/c. Those were off the shelf parts, though one needed machining to work with that particular m/c. They have a 3/8 pipe thread on top.

So does that mean that the mastercylinder is threaded where the reservoir feeds are?
squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

Post by squirelmurphy »

That's a GM master cylinder. Those use O-rings. It's just static pressure there.

Thanks guys. I'll have more progress soon. I plan on having it out this week for exhaust. This is the big push to get it done.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

So what are those caps woth the 90* hose fitting?
squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

Post by squirelmurphy »

Those allow the remote reservoir. They just pop in place of the stock reservoir. The 90 degree hose adapters are threaded into them.

The unit is mounted under the floor, no room for the reservoir. The reservoir is actually in the cab, with the hoses routed through bulkhead fittings in the floor.
dtbback

Post by dtbback »

Got any pics of the brake set up?
squirelmurphy

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

I've been busy, it gets closer, but it's still not done. Here's a few pics.

Brake master cylinder reservoir.

Fresh grill and some lights. Not pictured: a million other things nobody cares about that are required to make this thing function like a real truck.
ImageImageImage

Mounted my A/C controls, wiring starts this week. Image
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Post by Quailhunter »

Looking good.....
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Pure sex right there. Keep pluggin away Mike!
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

I really like that you kept the original dash.
DO you have plans for NORRA?
squirelmurphy

Post by squirelmurphy »

Plans for NORRA? I plan on total domination, a class win, and lots of tacos.

Of course, I haven't figured out how to pay for this. In order to carry out my planned domination, I'm going to need a partner and some help along the way. This thing was never meant to be a race truck, but NORRA isn't really a race, so this truck would be great. I would be in the same class as the Autofab spare parts truck. It looks like a blast, and really I want to make it happen. At this point though, I just want to get this thing on the dirt. I'm trying to stay focused on that. Once the truck has a couple of miles on it, maybe I'll start thinking about making a run at NORRA.
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Post by Quailhunter »

" NORRA isn't really a race" OK.......

That's right it's a " Rally"
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Pure sex right there. Keep pluggin away Mike!
Agreed. Love this thing.
squirelmurphy

Post by squirelmurphy »

Quailhunter wrote:" NORRA isn't really a race" OK.......

That's right it's a " Rally"

Ha Ha, you caught that? Of course, I was being cute with the domination bit. But, I would like like to do NORRA. The truck fits into a fun class where there is usually some competition. I would love to join the fun.

The truck is getting wired now. I should have some good updates in a week or two.
squirelmurphy

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

Not really an update, the truck is still away getting wired. Things are looking sweet and I can't wait to get it back. There will be pictures soon.

In the meantime, I bought this 93 f150 xlt, 5.0, 2wd. It's got 122k on the ticker, a really clean truck. There are a few things (I really mean a lot) that need to be addressed. It will be my DD. I will be scouting the classifieds and the LeDuc swap to find the parts needed to make this thing respectable. Im not planning on more than a bent beam/coil bucket kit and 35's, unless I find something else. Have something? Let me know!

dtbback

Post by dtbback »

F100 is looking amazing. Super clean!!! I like the F150 its clean too!
squirelmurphy

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

A few more things are mounted. The radiator, cross brace, some wiring bits. Most of the wiring is done, I should have it back soon. These pics were sent to me by Don, who is doing the wiring.

dtbback

Post by dtbback »

I love this build.
Quailhunter

Post by Quailhunter »

We need more! Truck looks great......more pics!
squirelmurphy

The F-Bomb

Post by squirelmurphy »

I got another update, wiring is almost done. Hers a shot of the console.

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I always wonder why people do dual radios, since most race radio's have the scan function to monitor multiple channels and even if you need dual bands like I have in the chase truck. It is still one controller head on the Kenwood TK790H and Tk890H with them together.

Still a Nice layout.