4.56 gears, locked front and rear, disc brake rear conversion
Fully caged, Unibody completly plated front to
Bilstein 7100s 12"(f) and 14" (r) with Air Bumps front
Currie Steering
TNT Long Arm
Mastercraft Baja RS

Pics from day one through its many stages:
Day I bought it

Last edited by tcm glx on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: Before the Bronco, there was the jeep

Post by tcm glx »

more

Last edited by tcm glx on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

If no body noticed. Tony has a thing for wheels. His KMC's will get powdercoated one day but shortly after expect them to be for sale and something new on it.

Those pics make you miss it much Tony? I miss mine (wish I could have both).
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Silverslk wrote:If no body noticed. Tony has a thing for wheels. His KMC's will get powdercoated one day but shortly after expect them to be for sale and something new on it.

Those pics make you miss it much Tony? I miss mine (wish I could have both).

Miss it, not really, more like smile from all the good times I had with it..., it was a great toy, but man o man I love my Bronco.

And on the wheels... your probably right...
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Una mas:

Last edited by tcm glx on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redwagon

Post by redwagon »

Tony, thats one bad ass jeep
Drilim
Bronco Info: 94

Post by Drilim »

Definitely a good looking Jeep, Tony
Rednek Renegade
Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Xlt 5.8L 4V H.O. C6, NP2o8

Post by Rednek Renegade »

Always liked XJ's, too bad they never made them compatible for people with Norwegian builds!
Project el cheap-o
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Rednek Renegade wrote:Always liked XJ's, too bad they never made them compatible for people with Norwegian builds!
Are you saying that you're fluffy?

Very cool jeep T. You had my little sunroof beat with that rag top.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Rednek Renegade
Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Xlt 5.8L 4V H.O. C6, NP2o8

Post by Rednek Renegade »

Nick wrote:
Rednek Renegade wrote:Always liked XJ's, too bad they never made them compatible for people with Norwegian builds!
Are you saying that you're fluffy?
Hair over 6'2" and 245, 250 after todays festivities but yeah, me and jeeps arent built for each other :lol:
Project el cheap-o
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

I'm fluffy myself (the fourth stage of being fat for those of you who know Gabriel Iglesias, the comedian) and it actually wasn't to bad. I will tell ou the bronco is like a palace in comparison though.

Anyways, thanks for the nice comments guys. I was very fortunate with that Jeep, in my last year of ownership, Crown Automotive (largest aftermarket dist of Jeep reman parts) decided to sponsor my jeep and build it for display in their Off Road Expo booth as well as their Sema booth. Out of that, the jeep got quite a bit of extra work done to it and although ORE happened, Sema was a no go about a month before the show. Change of plans on Crowns side, they decided to run a smaller booth that did not have a vehicle on display, so I took the chance to put the Jeep up for sale at its prime, and now, I have the Bronco.

And for those who do not know Gabriel Iglesias... go to minute 1.05 on this video and enjoy....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGHgUZbA ... re=related
billy1911

Post by billy1911 »

I remember seeing it at the expo that year in the crown both. Looked awesome.
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Diggin this up for relevancy, lol.

How did you like the long arm setup Tony? Any local shops that you would trust with jeep fabrication in the trail rig/go fast category?

Thanks!
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

I know of one place that builds pretty cool XJs.. T&J Performance in Aneheim, CA. I'm sure Tony knows of a few other places that could help you with your XJ.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Before the Bronco, there was the jeep

Post by robertcrav »

T&J does build cool XJs but they are also very proud $$$$ of the work they do too, nothing wrong with that but when I ha my XJ I couldn't afford their prices...

Currie has a nice short arm kit and 'stuff' for the XJ, although they are moving to Corona

I would also talk to OffRoad Evolution in Fullerton, they build some of the sickest JKs, Mel Wade races a 'production' JK with his parts in KOH...so XJ stuff should be cake

Shame Off-Road general store is no more, back in the day they created a lot of really cool parts that started on XJs, like rock rails and the ACOS Adjustable coil spacer that JKs now sells
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Becks_Bronco wrote:Diggin this up for relevancy, lol.

How did you like the long arm setup Tony? Any local shops that you would trust with jeep fabrication in the trail rig/go fast category?

Thanks!
Will,
The long arm setup was cool, and it drove fine. Honestly though, if I bought another XJ, I would do it differently. I think a 3-4" lift, short arm (Currie has a great setup for that) with Bilstein 5160s all around will do awesome all around. Do a SYE, mount up either a 265.75.16 (32") or a 33x10.5x15 and trim to make it work.

As for shops, I spent alot of time on NAXJA and made some great friends, most if not all of the work on my XJ was done at a friends house, with friends wrenching. As a amatter of fact, I met Andy (SilverSLK) on those forums and we became great friends. He spent 13 hours on Labor Day weekend helping me install the long arm lift.

So, let me wrap it up.... keep it simple, this thing is not a long travel rig, and never will be...

For inspiration:
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

I agree and disagree with Tony.

I had the Rubicon Express long arm lift on mine and would do it again every time. That said, like I mentioned before, go on NAXJA and start making friends. They have/had lift partys all the time. A group of guys will show up and help you install your lift and get everything on. All you provide is beer and pizza. This allows you to get a better (more expensive) lift and not have to pay crazy labor for install.

Hey Tony......you should get him a set of the frame stiffeners you had.......I think Dean would sell his.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

robertcrav wrote:T&J does build cool XJs but they are also very proud $$$$ of the work they do too, nothing wrong with that but when I ha my XJ I couldn't afford their prices...

Currie has a nice short arm kit and 'stuff' for the XJ, although they are moving to Corona

I would also talk to OffRoad Evolution in Fullerton, they build some of the sickest JKs, Mel Wade races a 'production' JK with his parts in KOH...so XJ stuff should be cake

Shame Off-Road general store is no more, back in the day they created a lot of really cool parts that started on XJs, like rock rails and the ACOS Adjustable coil spacer that JKs now sells

I can't believe I didn't think about Off Road Evolution. Mel's an awesome dude and does nothing but top notch work. All his stuff is really awesome, I saw that JK for KOH when it was first being built alongside the Poison Spyder KOH Jk at his shop. I've been to a lot of photo shoots at his shop and they've always been really friendly and cool.

I do like Tony and Andy's suggestion about building it with friends since that would make it more affordable and you would meet some cool people. I've only ridden in an XJ with a Rock Krawler long arm kit with TJ unlimited coils and it was awesome. It also had Bilsten 5160's and it would handle the washes and whoops really nice even at 65 mph on our way from Victorville to Primm through the dirt. It's the black XJ in this months Off-Road magazine.
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Tony, already have 4 5160's on their way, and i plan on 4" deaver leafs in the rear, and 4.5" deaver coils up front, ACOS bumps for the front and currie steering. I'll look into currie's short arms

I don't plan on it being an all out desert rig, or a crawler by any means. Just a reliable, capable trail rig that i can comfortably DD.

I was planning on 32x11.50's, but thanks for the advice! It's well taken. I really would like to do things only once, seeing as how clean mine is to start.

And i'm digging the front glass you had. Not a fan of the bushwackers, or trimmed stock fenders.