Before the Bronco, there was the jeep

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: Before the Bronco, there was the jeep

Post by tcm glx »

Becks_Bronco wrote:Tony, already have 4 5160's on their way, and i plan on 4" deaver leafs in the rear, and 4.5" deaver coils up front, ACOS bumps for the front and currie steering. I'll look into currie's short arms

I don't plan on it being an all out desert rig, or a crawler by any means. Just a reliable, capable trail rig that i can comfortably DD.

I was planning on 32x11.50's, but thanks for the advice! It's well taken. I really would like to do things only once, seeing as how clean mine is to start.

And i'm digging the front glass you had. Not a fan of the bushwackers, or trimmed stock fenders.

The glass is Ajax.... very clean in my opinion. If you go with that glass, go 33x10.5x15 A little trimming in the rear and you will be set.... Id be happy to help with some of that if you need it also.

Oh, and for headlights, AutoPal 200MM with E_Code pattern (or Hellas if you want to drop a little extra coin) and then throw in a H4 HID kit and your good, really nice light pattern.
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

You answered my next question before i even had to ask it haha. Thanks!

Did you ever have issues with cooling yours? Mine has no problems now staying right around 210, but i'm just curious it i should plan and budget for some upgrades. I know already that the radiator will be replaced with a griffin unit. I had a lot of success with their stuff on my Cobalt, and its one of the few things on this jeep that actually looks like it could use some attention.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Becks_Bronco wrote:You answered my next question before i even had to ask it haha. Thanks!

Did you ever have issues with cooling yours? Mine has no problems now staying right around 210, but i'm just curious it i should plan and budget for some upgrades. I know already that the radiator will be replaced with a griffin unit. I had a lot of success with their stuff on my Cobalt, and its one of the few things on this jeep that actually looks like it could use some attention.

I did not have any heating issues.... but I pretty quicly added the hood vents. Andy is on the right path, keep the 210 t stat, replace your radiator and you should be good. The only mod I did on top of the hood vents was to add a newer model electric fan (which your jeep should already have)
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Yep, i have the dual fan clutch/electric combo.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Becks_Bronco wrote:Yep, i have the dual fan clutch/electric combo.

All XJ's have the fan clutch/electric combo. 97 and newer XJ had an electric fan that put out more air... has 8 blades instead of 6 on the older model Xjs...
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

ohhhhhhhh, then yes, haha