The Clapper 8

Big Bastard
Bronco Info: Current build 1980 F100 Ranger Flareside, AutoFab front and glass, 351W PRP seats, rear end TBA

Re: The Clapper 8

Post by Big Bastard »

I've been working on the wiring and trying to figure out what to do with this thing. The engine compartment wiring is a hacked mess and I'm mounting the MSD in the cab and adding Glass fenders so that adds a little challenge to the project. When it comes to wiring I am in way over my head.

The interior cab wiring is in decent shape. I've looked around for an 80-86 harness online and all your find is early trucks up to those ugly 79s. :D There are several universal kits out there but they are pretty big bucks and I'm probably still in over my head. I thinking about heading over to the junkyard and seeing if I can find the same vintage in better shape and get the engine compartment harness.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated,
Brent
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

i am the same way, wire retarded... BUT if i can do you can do it. i modified my fuel infected harness to accept a carb.
a lot of cutting and checking for voltage. the only thing i had a real problem with was getting my alt. to charge..keep your head up. finding a donor harness would be great but if you cant it wont totally kill you. :)
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
trophygirl
Bronco Info: 2002 Ford Ranger Prerunner

Post by trophygirl »

Why don't you give us a plan update since the purchase of your new prerunner... ;)
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

This is the reason I got rid of my 86 pick up + I wanted a Bronco so rather than fix the truck I sold it. One alternative for you would to us a mustang engine harness as they have a jumper connection that is easy to tie into.
Big Bastard
Bronco Info: Current build 1980 F100 Ranger Flareside, AutoFab front and glass, 351W PRP seats, rear end TBA

Post by Big Bastard »

What year Mustang harness would be the easiest to work with? This project has hit the back burner since I picked up Zambo's KORE Dodge.
Attachments
tn.jpg
tn.jpg (43.62 KiB) Viewed 510 times
IMG_2860.jpg
IMG_2860.jpg (207.29 KiB) Viewed 510 times
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

What exactly are you trying to wire? The engine? EFI or carb?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Big Bastard

Post by Big Bastard »

351 W with a carb, into a 1980, no ac, MSD ignition, nothing too complicated I'm just a tard when it comes to this stuff.
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

Sorry I was thinking it was fuel injected. If it was a 87-93 harness would work. You may want to look at a 80-86 as they were carburated.
navynuke
Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies

Post by navynuke »

if you are not in a hurry, I may have the harness out of my 82 in the next few months. I have a fuel injection harness that I need to clean up and put in when I go to mass air injection. Its a 302, but the harness stuff should all be the same more or less.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage