My '77 Project

aamay1986
Bronco Info: 1986 Bronco 6inch super lift, 5.0 efi. 4.56 gears. 9inch, bilstein 5100 shock, 35in bfg mud tires.

Re: My '77 Project

Post by aamay1986 »

Nice to see you keeping the both. That's probably what I would have done. It shouldn't be too hard to just find a nice cab, without sacrificing a nice looking long bed. I would be on the look out for someone parting a truck out on craigslist or something and use the long bed to pick that sucker up. I would make one a cruiser and the other to beat on. And 7D6F250 no long bed hater here lol. Your truck is bad ass.
Last edited by aamay1986 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7D6F250
Bronco Info: i drive a 76' F250 and a 09' F350

Post by 7D6F250 »

aamay, thanyou sir!
Chris, soft hands, hugh? I don't EVEN wanna know......... long live the long beds
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I thought you wanted a 4wd AND a short bed - that's why I was pushing the cab swap. Still I think you should swap the cab and motor (I swear it's no that hard), but either way - good to hear you are now focussing on a REAL truck!

That bad boy is clean aside from the patchwork paint. A little loving and it'll be good to go. Especially for the overall price :D

Just to tempt you a little I've been know to hoard stuff like alcoas and autofab glass....
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

You could really tempted me with a set of beams, pivots, etc. that I might need once the AutoFab stuff goes away..........unless Jason wants to make some more money on the whole truck.......!

Will the coil buckets and coils form the 4wd shortbed pair up with the 2wd longbed?
@cwriz
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Beams and pivots are actually coming to me and going on my supercab in place of what is there now. So sorry, but they aren't for sale.

Coil buckets are different 2wd to 4wd, but they should be easy to make work and are a very cool starting point for adding a shock tower, etc. to.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Beams and pivots are actually coming to me and going on my supercab in place of what is there now. So sorry, but they aren't for sale.

Coil buckets are different 2wd to 4wd, but they should be easy to make work and are a very cool starting point for adding a shock tower, etc. to.
I figured as much. Oh well.

My hunt begins for front suspension then.....a good problem to have!!
@cwriz
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

I was talking to Jody Mason one day about a hundred years ago, and he told me that back in the day, they use to adapt the 4wd coil buckets to the 2x's to achieve more bump travle. Do yourself a favor, go out and compare the 4x's buckets vs. the autofab buckets. Oh, btw, did I mention that Jody use to work for John at Autofab..... hhmmmm...
Autofab makes beam pivots just for coil over conversions. Maybe coilovers would be easier to do. Check them out.
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

oh Steve, that autofab glass best be headin' towards the south oc my friend!! Chris can arm wrestle me for it!
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

So Im a little indicisive........sue me.

I got a wild hair today and decided to cut the cab off the shortbed. 4 sawzall blades and a cutting wheel later......

So a cab swap is immenant. I figure trying to find a 2wd front suspension is gonna be more expensive than swapping parts I already own. The 4 speed will stay in it, I'll drop in the c6 once I get a 4wd tailhousing for it......*cough* steve *cough*.......

And then tragedy struck. Well not really, but while chopping the cab up into small chunks, a BIG chunck slipped and fell on my right foot. Pretty sure my middle toe is broken. It looks like a second big toe!! So much for forward progress. Oh well, Im off to the couch with a bottle of percocet!!
@cwriz
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

7D6F250 wrote:oh Steve, that autofab glass best be headin' towards the south oc my friend!! Chris can arm wrestle me for it!
You know I've got more stuff than anyone right Jason??? But what you didn't know is this is on it's way to me for spares...
http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trad ... d&id=36193

+ I've got a few other tricks up my sleeve (call for info)...

So yeah - I've got you covered!

cwrisley wrote:So Im a little indicisive........sue me.

I got a wild hair today and decided to cut the cab off the shortbed. 4 sawzall blades and a cutting wheel later......

So a cab swap is immenant. I figure trying to find a 2wd front suspension is gonna be more expensive than swapping parts I already own. The 4 speed will stay in it, I'll drop in the c6 once I get a 4wd tailhousing for it......*cough* steve *cough*.......

And then tragedy struck. Well not really, but while chopping the cab up into small chunks, a BIG chunck slipped and fell on my right foot. Pretty sure my middle toe is broken. It looks like a second big toe!! So much for forward progress. Oh well, Im off to the couch with a bottle of percocet!!
I have the 4wd tailshaft, but after our recent conversations I'm thinking Ill hold on to it for now just in case - sorry.

Sucks to hear about the toe. I think I've been walking around on a broken ankle for well over a month now though (it is still swollen and happened May 15th or so) - so yeah walk it off and get back to work!

Also - make up your mind on which truck you're gonna build! Or... just build both - I'll find you enough parts to pull it off!!!
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Also - make up your mind on which truck you're gonna build! Or... just build both - I'll find you enough parts to pull it off!!!
Thats what Im afraid of. :lol:
@cwriz
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

you don't need that sissy bronco - real men drive 70's trucks! Having 2 is the cool thing to do!
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

headed down to Escondido this mornin' to grab the suspension parts off the 2WD. only took about an hour forty-five to git the job done. chris and his wife some awesome lil' kids!
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Right on, man. Im guessing the fam was home and Im sure my boys kept you company!!

Its a pretty tight fit in the garage now with 2 full size Fords in there. Its starting to look like Steve's place....!

Thanks again for the truck brotha, soon as its ready to run we need to go wheelin'.
@cwriz
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Almost ready for Baja!!

@cwriz
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

progress!!
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

I dont know if Im gonna use the bed cage yet. I still have to find shocks for it. Hell, I still need to get a FRONT END for it!! Coil buckets are coming off the 4wd along with shock towers. Progress is slow, but is moving forward!!
@cwriz
crashdean
Bronco Info: Sleeper 1993 White OJ looking Bronco

Post by crashdean »

Bed cage looks just like one I built a few years ago.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

crashdean wrote:Bed cage looks just like one I built a few years ago.
I wouldnt doubt that it is. Danny brought it up a few months back.
@cwriz
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

hey chris , i don't know if you guys are workin' this weekend, but i'm headin up to barstow for the memorial run.....