My '77 Project

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: My '77 Project

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Yeah - me too. You gonna see if John can just sell you the tubes & we can weld um up?
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

Anyone know where to get (or happen to have) 2wd coil cups and retainers? Ive looked on every cars parts website, LMC, eBay, etc. without results.
@cwriz
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

I've got some coming off my '84 in a week or two, if they will help and you can wait, I can mail them to you.
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Post by johncharlesb »

cwrisley wrote:Anyone know where to get (or happen to have) 2wd coil cups and retainers? Ive looked on every cars parts website, LMC, eBay, etc. without results.
The dealers likely still offer that for collision work. I found a 1996 2wd f150 spring seat on newfordparts.com - Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor MI. They listed seats at $120 a piece, ouch. Retainers were $5 and insulators were $10.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I've got um Chris if you haven't found them yet. Sorry I missed your texts but I was in Baja.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

I grabbed some from Hwy 67 Truck, but appreciate the hell outta you guys tryin' to hook it up.

On that note (Steve), what do you know about diiferent radius arm brackets on these trucks? The holes from the previous brackets are 4 inch on center, brackets I have are 4 1/2" and dont line up with the crossmember hole either. Hopefully I got another set coming today.
@cwriz
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I haven't ever really noticed a difference, but then again I haven't really looked much. I've got some autofab mounts here you can borrow if you don't want to spend any more $$. I can bring them to Temec with me tomorrow if you want - just call me by tonight/tomorrow morning to let me know.
wyoming4x4
Bronco Info: 1977 ford 4wd mountain truck, 1970 ford crewcab 4wd being built. autofab parts also.

Post by wyoming4x4 »

just reading though posts. 400 ford stuff. I just recently built a 400 ford cobrajet headed airgap intake. it has 351 cleveland heads and intake. requires spacer plates for intake. it also has 351 cleveland pistons also. have to bush the small end on the con rods to fit a cleveland piston pin. very familar with this engine. this engine is rollered and will be a very stout engine. its going in my 1970 ford crewcab. Another site to check out is barret perfomance. he has some cool ford stuff for 400's. catch you later. with the cobrajet heads you have a 600+ hrspwr potential engine. oiling upgrades are mandatory it you get a little crazy on upgraded 400. I'm wyoming 4x4 in ford truck enthusiast and have many photos of my build if curious. keepin old iron alive one ford at a time. my avatar is a mocked up of my engine. its now completed at this time.
7D6F250
Bronco Info: i drive a 76' F250 and a 09' F350

Post by 7D6F250 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Yeah - me too. You gonna see if John can just sell you the tubes & we can weld um up?
after christmas.......
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

The 77 has been succesfully moved from my old place in Escondido to our new place in El Cajon. I got the stock suspension bolted up yesterday and rolled it on the trailer. Looked a lil goofy with the ass lifted and front bone stock! 35's tucked up in the front fenders, but they cleared! Haha.
@cwriz
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Pics? I love seeing the goofy pics like this of these things.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

I'll snap one if I can.

I finally got a chance to work on it again today, first time since the move. Got the new Deaver coils in on one side....except the coil retainers are found to be missing. Boo. Once they are found (or new ones purchased), I can finish up the front end and start on the motor, which isnt much except chasing down loose wire ends and charging a battery.

Stay tuned for a motor firing off and a C6 coming out.....
@cwriz
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

c6 coming out? What is going in in its place?
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:c6 coming out? What is going in in its place?
Another c6 I got from......you. The current trans is leaking something fierce and needs a once over.
@cwriz
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

cwrisley wrote:Another c6 I got from......you.
That's not the one he got from Me is it?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Not sure why I read that like you were going to a different model trans - but I did. Good to know you're just swapping out a different one.

And Brian - no it's not. That one is sitting in my shop with the bear vendors on the back of it now. It was going to go in the supercab, but now that I'm having yet ANOTHER brain fart on that build it might leave to be replaced with a TH400 (if I go 4bt) or 4L80E (if I go LS series).
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Not sure why I read that like you were going to a different model trans - but I did. Good to know you're just swapping out a different one.

And Brian - no it's not. That one is sitting in my shop with the bear vendors on the back of it now. It was going to go in the supercab, but now that I'm having yet ANOTHER brain fart on that build it might leave to be replaced with a TH400 (if I go 4bt) or 4L80E (if I go LS series).
4bt? Isn't that the 4cyl cummins? Why diesel on the Supercab? Low revs wouldn't exactly be ideal for racing, especially keeping your speed up in silt etc. I'm sure you have reasons, but I'm just curious. LS series has a much larger upgrade selection, and parts are going to be easier to find etc.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

yes it's the 2 cylinders lopped off version of the diesel in the crew cab. They are easy enough to find parts for. Not go to any grocery store & find parts like an LS, but not hard by any means.

Low revs are perfect for what I do - which is not racing. A diesel (at this time) isn't really legal for racing anyways in most cases.

My reasoning is good fuel mileage, cool factor, million mile motor, parts swapping between it & the crew, torque for days, etc.
The LS series is cool as well and has it's advantages of course.

This is all a LONG ways out anyways so I'm sure my mind will change 15 times before I get there...
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Other than cool factor, is there any reason that the highboy coil buckets are better than the 2wd buckets? If I wanted to use the 4wd's Id have to cut and fab the beam pivots in because they overlap. The 2wd vs 4wd seem to measure the same height, its just the narrowness of the 4wd that makes it look cleaner. Any thoughts or suggestions on this? I have both, just need a direction to point and shoot!
@cwriz
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

...and Id post update pics, but my computer is refusing to copy/paste anything. I need a hammer....
@cwriz