My '77 Project

johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Re: My '77 Project

Post by johncharlesb »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:These are the "tall" buckets found on the heavy duty trucks - typically F-350 trucks, crew cabs, etc. These came off a "heavy duty" F-250.
Thanks for the info Steve and the suppplemental picture are cool. Learning while watching these trucks come together, and break apart is, is always enjoyable.

She is looking good back together. The 76-77 grille is the best of all the dentsides.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

cwrisley wrote:I got the LAST set of F250 straps from Hwy 67 Truck yesterday. Went on without a hitch and she's rollin' again.....
Looks good. Now that you bought those straps I'll be able to find the ones in my shop. Nothing like buying new stuff to be able to bring the old stuff out into the open!

johncharlesb wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:These are the "tall" buckets found on the heavy duty trucks - typically F-350 trucks, crew cabs, etc. These came off a "heavy duty" F-250.
Thanks for the info Steve and the suppplemental picture are cool. Learning while watching these trucks come together, and break apart is, is always enjoyable.

She is looking good back together. The 76-77 grille is the best of all the dentsides.
No problem. I help when I can. At least I've helped sway some guys into the 70's stuff!

As for the best grill - I'll have to disagree. 73-75 is cooler by far. In fact the 1 75/76 grill I have will be going on the supercab if I sell it. That way I can keep the 73-75 grill that is on it!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
7D6F250
Bronco Info: i drive a 76' F250 and a 09' F350

Post by 7D6F250 »

nice to see the "meenie greenie" back on all 4's. I can't wait till' all these bad boys can get together
cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

Steve- I think I have some extra 77 bezels for ya when you decide to come around!

Jason- Thanks bud, I cant wait either. Seems like every week its getting a little further along.
@cwriz
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

No thanks Chris - I'm sticking to the 73-75 for sure.

Oh - and little by little these things get done. Keep plugging along and you'll be enjoying it soon. Before I get to enjoy any of mine I bet!
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Chasing down loose wires under the hood and prepping to fire it off. Anyone ever have their cable from solenoid to starter too close to headers? I have the long tube headers and puts the tubing really close to the connection for the 4g battery cable. I dont want it to touch and arc! I may just buy a longer cable and see how creative I can get!
@cwriz
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Silicone/fiberglass heat sleeve works well in these cases Chris. I just put 18" of the stuff on my alfa as the reverse light wires run down the firewall right next to the header. They'd been like that for a while & were fine, but for peace of mind I sleeved um when I saw how close they are...
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Its more where the cable bolts to the starter than the cable itself. Im thinking a longer cable will give me more pivot room to keep it off the header. Still scares me to think that it could touch or arc over time if it wiggles around.
@cwriz
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Ball peen on the header tube = easy fix. You know you don't need that much airflow - hahahahaha
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Post by johncharlesb »

I bend the cable end so it points forward instead of up. Napa sells nice copper ends that are easy to work with. They are closer fitting than the factory ones. If you get creative with longer cable and a bit of tweaking you should be fine.
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

dude chris where you been?
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Ive been around. Lurking here watching everyone build! I guess its time for an update....

I sold the 77 awhile back. I didnt want to but thought I should concentrate on one project, aka the Bronco.

With that, today I sold the Bronco! haha. Im a wishy washy sob. Im getting an F150 thats more reliable and has more creature comforts than the Bronco did. Again, hate to sell the ole brown beast but after showing up to work with it on the back of a tow truck, it was time to move on!! It has since been fixed, but Im wanting something more "comfortable"!! Getting myself ready for another demolition derby as well. Not until next summer, but its about 8-10 months worth of work for one afternoon of playing! Anyone selling a 70's style tuna boat of a car?!
@cwriz
crashdean
Bronco Info: Sleeper 1993 White OJ looking Bronco

Post by crashdean »

Hey Chris, Does that mean you don't need that engine I gave you......Let me know. I am planning on a rebuild for my Bronco and could use it. What year F150 did you get?
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

crashdean wrote:Hey Chris, Does that mean you don't need that engine I gave you......Let me know. I am planning on a rebuild for my Bronco and could use it. What year F150 did you get?
Actually I dont need it anymore now that the Bronco is gone. Im picking up an 93 F150 this afternoon granted everything is clean and good like the seller says. Looks good in the pics!

Im sure we can figure out some way to get that motor back up to you.....unless I pick up another 77 before then! But if thats the case it'll probably get a 460 anyways. See what I mean about wishy washy?!
@cwriz
crashdean
Bronco Info: Sleeper 1993 White OJ looking Bronco

Post by crashdean »

You can use the engine out of this one if you need it.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

I appreciate the offer, but if I get a 77 (and thats a huge IF right now), it wont be for awhile and Im leaning toward big block.
@cwriz
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

good to hear from you bud, sorry to see the ol' girls hit the road, but the F150 sounds kool!!