My '77 Project

cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Re: My '77 Project

Post by cwrisley »

Im working Sunday. And Saturday is my anniversary. Im effectively out!
@cwriz
7D6F250
Bronco Info: i drive a 76' F250 and a 09' F350

Post by 7D6F250 »

happy anniversary my friend!
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Thanks bud.

Tomorrow is 6 years with the 'ole lady! Been together though for 8. I gotta hand it to her for putting up with all my crap and watching me blow cash for old trucks!! She s been by my side all through paramedic school and when I was trying to get hired at fire depts. She's given me 2 great sons and a beautiful daughter. Couldnt be happier.
@cwriz
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

DUDE! there's a F250 in Vista for sale for 250 bucks! SD craigslidt.....
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Damn. Im just now seeing this! Bummer for sure.

The last of the shortbed was hauled off the other day. Focus now is to get the longbed rolling/running. Working on getting the front suspension setup. Hopefully I will have my hands on some AutoFab goodies real soon if everything works out. Im gonna use the stock coil buckets off the 4wd for more travel. I also kept the taller shock towers. I also started cleaning up the wiring so I can fire the 400 off. Battery is charging so standby for launch.....
@cwriz
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

nice! a clean garage makes it better to work in! the hayhauler is going into the shop to get the dana 60 in. 4:10's and a limited slip!
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

I picked up a stock front suspension last night for dirt cheap. At least get me rollin' for now. Im gonna be moving in about a month, so cant have the truck on stands! Go Fast parts are on standby until I move some other parts.

Only parts Im missing for front is pivots and radius arm brackets. Steve, you got any of this stuff laying around?! Yeah, Im sure you do......!
@cwriz
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Pivots as in beam pivots? If so I've got those. I was goining to keep them to beef up and then put on the truck but you're more than welcome to borrow them for a while.

As for the radius arm mounts - kind of....

I have 2 sets of stockers. 1 is on my supercab right now - holding on the extended radius arms. The second, if I have them is still rivited to a stock frame section i have here and buried.
I do have a pair of autofab ones here that you can borrow. 1 is bent a bit, which is why I have stock ones on my supercab, but I don't remember it being horrible and they should work well enough to allow you to move the truck.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

Chris, may be a long shot, but I saw some i-beam stuff on RaceDezert's parts classifieds. I searched under F100, then autofab. kinda old listings, but maybe worth a shot....
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Its official. I hate rivots.

4 hours spent drilling out rivots for beam pivots and radius arm hangers. Good news is, Im actually pretty good now at poppin' those lil bastards out. Haha. Suspension is now mocked up awaiting hardware.
@cwriz
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

You must not be doing it right. Ha!

Just giving you a hard time.... I'm really fortunate because I can use the shop air-chisel and the boss keeps the air pressure HIGH! I promise you I've paid my dues and have removed rivets in every way possible. Except a torch... didn't like the idea of putting that much heat to the frame.

Check this thread for more ideas.

http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =14&t=1913
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

cwrisley wrote:Its official. I hate rivots.

4 hours spent drilling out rivots for beam pivots and radius arm hangers. Good news is, Im actually pretty good now at poppin' those lil bastards out. Haha. Suspension is now mocked up awaiting hardware.
Told you you'd hate the things. Now you see why I leave the rivets in and cut some of the frame off with the brackets when I sell parts. I let the customer deal with those bastards.

Oh and don't mind Steve - he's always teasing me with his $300 + impact hammer too. One of these days I may get one. Until then it's the plasma & grinder then punch or just plain grinder & punch for my rivets. Ugh - just saying that word makes me get all tense & angry!
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
cwrisley wrote:Its official. I hate rivots.

Told you you'd hate the things. Now you see why I leave the rivets in and cut some of the frame off with the brackets when I sell parts. I let the customer deal with those bastards.

Oh and don't mind Steve - he's always teasing me with his $300 + impact hammer too. One of these days I may get one. Until then it's the plasma & grinder then punch or just plain grinder & punch for my rivets. Ugh - just saying that word makes me get all tense & angry!
Oh come on, grinding it wasn't so bad! haha

Getting it out after, now that was a royal pain in the arse
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

You only ground 1. And we only had to pound 2 out. Imagine doing that process over and over again (there's I think 6 rivets per coil bucket) until you can't think straight and then you'll still have more to do!
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:You only ground 1. And we only had to pound 2 out. Imagine doing that process over and over again (there's I think 6 rivets per coil bucket) until you can't think straight and then you'll still have more to do!
That's one thing i appreciate that the PO did, was to remove the coil buckets for me haha
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

There's always more. Cross members, spring hangers, beam mounts, etc. etc.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

I used a small drill bit to punch through, then a large bit to eat the pivot. Worked pretty well and went smooth. Most of them were able to be knocked out before I drilled all the way through. Pivots and brackets are off. Just need to do the coil buckets tomorrow, about 6 more rivots total. I bought the "heavy duty" Harbor Frieght 1/2 inch drill for this project, on sale and 90 day warranty! If it breaks....oh well, not my problem!
@cwriz
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

This project will definitely test that thing!

Glad to hear you're at least making progress.

So are you gonna use these coil buckets then rather than the 4wd ones? Either can be cool & I'd try & do something like this with them
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

The 4wd buckets definetly look "cooler", but the 2wd buckets are about an 1 1/2 taller. Not sure how much go fast wheel travel Im actually gaining on my old beater Ford pickemup with the 2wd buckets, but they will be used to get it rolling. We move in a week to El Cajon so as long as SOMETHING is under there, Im happy. I will probably go with the 4wd buckets once I get time to work on it and actually plan the front suspension.
@cwriz
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

can't wait to start doin mine :mrgreen: