Joxracing's Newbie F-150 build.

Joxracing
Bronco Info: 1989 Ford F-150, 6" deaver in front...soon. 351w, 33" BFG MudTerrains

Re: Joxracing's Newbie F-150 build.

Post by Joxracing »

Okay, I have access to a tube kinker, so im good there. And i know for sure i can find a set of 2wd 64's.

With those, how do i figure out the re-arching process, and how do i figure the length of shackles i'll need?

Im gonna be running 5100's, if that helps any.
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Post by johncharlesb »

Joxracing wrote:Okay, I have access to a tube kinker, so im good there. And i know for sure i can find a set of 2wd 64's.

With those, how do i figure out the re-arching process, and how do i figure the length of shackles i'll need?

You may want to work with your springs. They are not a bad length and you can avoid the hassle of new hangers and setting the spring angle.

Shackles in the 6" range will work fine.

Get an old leaf for practice. Put tthe leaf in your press and have at it. Work the length of the spring in small increments and make a couple of passes trying not to kink the leaf. You should be cautious of a spring cracking and have a decent press/jig.
Joxracing
Bronco Info: 1989 Ford F-150, 6" deaver in front...soon. 351w, 33" BFG MudTerrains

Post by Joxracing »

johncharlesb wrote:
Joxracing wrote:Okay, I have access to a tube kinker, so im good there. And i know for sure i can find a set of 2wd 64's.

You may want to work with your springs. They are not a bad length and you can avoid the hassle of new hangers and setting the spring angle.

Shackles in the 6" range will work fine.

Get an old leaf for practice. Put tthe leaf in your press and have at it. Work the length of the spring in small increments and make a couple of passes trying not to kink the leaf. You should be cautious of a spring cracking and have a decent press/jig.
Thats what i wanted to hear, about my leaf's.

Does re-arching make that big of a difference?