1995 4x4 F150 extra cab project

bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab project

Post by bajascott »

shoulda told me you were looking for a 3 bolt...i have a couple of them out in my pile of d44 junk.let me know if i can help out with the hiems too.....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

one last thing need some ideas for toolbox in the bed.....any ideas let me know

I will have the fuel cell behind the cab also two tranny coolers spares at back. full frame rails will stay on truck.......any ideas?
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

bajascott wrote:shoulda told me you were looking for a 3 bolt...i have a couple of them out in my pile of d44 junk.let me know if i can help out with the hiems too.....

Scott I picked this up long time ago just was not sure if I was going to use it.

I still may want the 3 bolts you have how many you got...brother?

I already had you on my speed dial for the hiems.....
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
bajascott
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

i'll look in the morning, i have to ship out some hubs to las vegas next week. you want the diff loaded with gears or an empty housing with the stub axle ....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

empty housing with the stub axle .... would be all I think

thanks Scott
Last edited by funinthesun95 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
bajascott

Post by bajascott »

copy
on a side note i am making an order for some uniballs in the next day or so, so let me know on that other stuff....
back to your thread. :D
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
valor100
Bronco Info: 1992 Ford Bronco 5.8 had Pro Comp lift, know it sits on top of Solo 4 over cut and turned TTB's

Post by valor100 »

funinthesun95 wrote:Wheels and Heads......one more to prove i am a bronco guy......cage was not so good from the b piller forward.....back was done well....light bar was to small as well.......but good donor truck....for the new build.....it is almost a bronco I have ttb just shorter cab
Hey funinthesun95 that looks like my old bronco. When I owned it she was black and no cage from the B pillar forward. The guy you bought it from was his name Brian and from Havasu? After he bough it from me i heard he had the cage added up front and I remember him losing the hood in tow because he didn't clasp the hood pins in. If so she was a good bronco to me. And then i saw he painted it and added the light bar. Any way your new truck will be sweet when finnished
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Post by johncharlesb »

funinthesun95 wrote:one last thing need some ideas for toolbox in the bed.....any ideas let me know

I will have the fuel cell behind the cab also two tranny coolers spares at back. full frame rails will stay on truck.......any ideas?
How big of a box are you looking for? I had a aluminum diamond plate tool box in my old step '79 f150. It was 4x2x2. I think it was $300, but that was at least a decade ago. If anything, it was a bit big and could turn into a pit. Are you running a bed floor? You might look at some of the premade boxes for big trucks and utility applications.

Things are looking good btw.
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

Hey funinthesun95 that looks like my old bronco. When I owned it she was black and no cage from the B pillar forward. The guy you bought it from was his name Brian and from Havasu? After he bough it from me i heard he had the cage added up front and I remember him losing the hood in tow because he didn't clasp the hood pins in. If so she was a good bronco to me. And then i saw he painted it and added the light bar. Any way your new truck will be sweet when finnished[/quote]

Yes I had a sand car frame seats shifter....etc he wanted so we worked out a trade..... Back cage was done well. front was poorly done...I ended up running it for a little while until my f150 needed some of the parts as you can see. only complaint I had was front diff was trashed ....when I went to test it the 4x4 manual linkage was tweaked and I took him for his word that it was good it was missing a few teeth on Pinion when I opened it up( oh well) .I should have went with my gut, but did not and I did not want to haggle with him.... karma will be a bitch ( i should have keep the seats that he got from me until i tested it). it also had a few little things rigged funny on it ...but it was a used toy....Parts on it were worth the trade for me. it was a fun bronco and did well the short time i used it

This deal was the first big item trade (sand car frame..etc. for Bronco) and is why I take care of people I sell to now. I don’t need the drama I sell cheap so if something goes wrong on a used item for some reason people that buy from me have a little cushion…..due to it being a used mechanical part most of the time. I buy used to not break the bank and be in the sport/ hobby at a fair cost….I try and pass that on to others as well. I guess it just helps me sleep at night . I also know that u can’t please everyone and I am a realist.

when It was time to rebuild the bronco and change a few things on it is when I change to the F150....I sold the old springs from the bronco...had a new set made by national...that is the race pack I had for sale on GFB...then I said link the F150.

Now Back to the Build.
Last edited by funinthesun95 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

johncharlesb wrote:
funinthesun95 wrote:one last thing need some ideas for toolbox in the bed.....any ideas let me know

How big of a box are you looking for? I had a aluminum diamond plate tool box in my old step '79 f150. It was 4x2x2. I think it was $300, but that was at least a decade ago. If anything, it was a bit big and could turn into a pit. Are you running a bed floor? You might look at some of the premade boxes for big trucks and utility applications.

Things are looking good btw.

I was looking at those pre made toolboxes just can't find the size i want...36ish wide 20is tall 20is deep is about what i want i think.....I will have to have one made i think....i also could do side by side wheel well pre made boxes that is a option
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

Well got the brakes I needed for the rearend for $250......and a steal of a deal on some 18 inch 3.0 coilovers (it was so cheap I can't tell you....thats how cheap) to go with my 19 bypass......so we are back to 3.0 all around...lol and less color
Last edited by funinthesun95 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Post by johncharlesb »

funinthesun95 wrote:Well got the brakes I needed for the rearend for $120......and a steal of a deal on some 18 inch 3.0 coilovers (it was so cheap I can't tell you....thats how cheap) to go with my 19 bypass......so we are back to 3.0 all around...lol and less color
That is awesome on those shock deals. I am with you on buying used stuff and trying to push some good karma. I seem to be a day late on the deals recently. I just missed some rear Raptor take offs for $200. It kills me.

The biggest thing I can say about the tool boxes is access. The accessibility of the single center box behind the cab made it cumbersome.
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

Just traded for 2 big ass tranny coolers......Sweet
pics soon
Attachments
cooler5.JPG
cooler5.JPG (142.67 KiB) Viewed 971 times
cooler3.JPG
cooler3.JPG (126.89 KiB) Viewed 971 times
Last edited by funinthesun95 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
valor100
Bronco Info: 1992 Ford Bronco 5.8 had Pro Comp lift, know it sits on top of Solo 4 over cut and turned TTB's

Post by valor100 »

funinthesun95 wrote:Hey funinthesun95 that looks like my old bronco. When I owned it she was black and no cage from the B pillar forward. The guy you bought it from was his name Brian and from Havasu? After he bough it from me i heard he had the cage added up front and I remember him losing the hood in tow because he didn't clasp the hood pins in. If so she was a good bronco to me. And then i saw he painted it and added the light bar. Any way your new truck will be sweet when finnished

Yes I had a sand car frame seats shifter....etc he wanted so we worked out a trade..... Back cage was done well. front was poorly done...I ended up running it for a little while until my f150 needed some of the parts as you can see. only complaint I had was front diff was trashed ....when I went to test it the 4x4 manual linkage was tweaked and I took him for his word that it was good it was missing a few teeth on Pinion when I opened it up( oh well) .I should have went with my gut, but did not and I did not want to haggle with him.... karma will be a bitch ( i should have keep the seats that he got from me until i tested it). it also had a few little things rigged funny on it ...but it was a used toy....Parts on it were worth the trade for me. it was a fun bronco and did well the short time i used it

This deal was the first big item trade (sand car frame..etc. for Bronco) and is why I take care of people I sell to now. I don’t need the drama I sell cheap so if something goes wrong on a used item for some reason people that buy from me have a little cushion…..due to it being a used mechanical part most of the time. I buy used to not break the bank and be in the sport/ hobby at a fair cost….I try and pass that on to others as well. I guess it just helps me sleep at night . I also know that u can’t please everyone and I am a realist.

when It was time to rebuild the bronco and change a few things on it is when I change to the F150....I sold the old springs from the bronco...had a new set made by national...that is the race pack I had for sale on GFB...then I said link the F150.

Now Back to the Build.[/quote]

Yeah i had a lot of fun in it as well. Funny when i sold it to him the front diff was already messed up and he knew that. Your right about KARMA, and it will come around. Sorry to hear that he lied to you. But good parts are good parts. And i now that when he took it it had some good parts on it. Don't know what all he did to it. I know he added the front cage to it, and I'm not surprised to hear it was sloppy. Anyhow looking forward to seeing your build complete. Good luck and i have always liked these years F150's She will be a lot of fun.
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

with that info dude will have his hands full when I see him again.

but that for another time......back to the build
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

Ok so things just got a little off track with the build.... looks like I will be putting the roller motor and new tranny transfer case in with auto fab mounts now........Thanks to a long talk with Mark over Text….lol

Hope to have more pics soon of parts and truck
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

HUBS are in...they are well made....just orders the 3 inch rod end extenders for my 3.0 coilovers and bypass shocks. so Mark can make the Trailing arms work...... and start on 3 link wise bone

need the rear to come in at 84 with tires on it........lets hope guys
Attachments
my hubs2.jpg
my hubs2.jpg (98.69 KiB) Viewed 795 times
my hubs.jpg
my hubs.jpg (90.61 KiB) Viewed 795 times
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Tic-toc Willy. August is coming fast!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Deleted Account
Bronco Info: depends on what day

Post by Deleted Account »

Nick wrote:Tic-toc Willy. August is coming fast!
shhhhhhhhh..... lol
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

Nick wrote:Tic-toc Willy. August is coming fast!

LOL I know ....Mark is on it

Build went from leaf pack to all out bad ass rearend.....and was going to hold off on the motor but since it was apart I just said get it done.
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports