Transmission Crossmembers Post up

ThrustMaster
Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Victorian 2 tone blue stock at the moment

Transmission Crossmembers Post up

Post by ThrustMaster »

What is everyone running for transmission crossmembers with extended radius arms? I am struggling with ideas for how to set mine up so that it works well with my radius arm brackets and exhaust.
DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Re: Transmission Crossmembers Post up

Post by DMbronco »

DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Post by DMbronco »

Mine picks up 5 points- front crossmember, radius arms, and further on down the framerails.

mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

Post by mobil1syn »

bray your skid plate is exactly what has been floating around in my head for the past few years.
pat_car22
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco XLT 5.0-

Post by pat_car22 »

That's a great set up! I see the front and the middle bolts on, but there rear is welded to the bottom of the frame?
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

pat_car22 wrote:That's a great set up! I see the front and the middle bolts on, but there rear is welded to the bottom of the frame?
I really like the setup and just might do something similar.

Pat, the tubes in the back have theaded inserts and they bolt to the bottom of the frame. You can sort of see them in the picture with the mount off the truck.

In my case, the radius arms mounts are more out board the frame like Glen Straightiff did on Chris Wilson's Bronco and my Frame will be boxed. I will need to mull over that now.

Thanks, now I have another idea banging around my head. ImageImageImageImageImage

David