2.5 king ibp coilovers

Codybrippin
Bronco Info: 96 bronco xl 5.0 5 speed

2.5 king ibp coilovers

Post by Codybrippin »

I picked up a set of 2.5x12? King ibp coilovers with finned resis and adjusters . I put 12? Because with the shocks fully extended the shaft measures 11 1/4 is that normal ? I plan to get appropriate springs and run as is too see what way they need to go as far as valving goes.
mustacheride
Bronco Info: 90' OJ Style

Re: 2.5 king ibp coilovers

Post by mustacheride »

Usually the travel includes the rubber bump stop as well. If the bump stop is 3/4" then yes, its normal. Otherwise 12" is a nominal measurement maybe?
Codybrippin
Bronco Info: 96 bronco xl 5.0 5 speed

Post by Codybrippin »

That’s what I would have thought too but this measurement is from the base of the shaft at the dust cap down to where there’s end starts ?
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

I'd shoot an email to King. They respond pretty quickly. They usually publish extended and collapsed lengths on their website, but i can't find the info for their IBP series. It's possible (but unlikely) that you got someone's custom order instead of your generic 12" shock.
mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

Post by mobil1syn »

Becks_Bronco wrote:I'd shoot an email to King. They respond pretty quickly. They usually publish extended and collapsed lengths on their website, but i can't find the info for their IBP series. It's possible (but unlikely) that you got someone's custom order instead of your generic 12" shock.
the body length is the key. if its the same length as a 12" shock than its possible someone tossed a spacer inside to limit travel to their application.
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

mobil1syn wrote:
Becks_Bronco wrote:I'd shoot an email to King. They respond pretty quickly. They usually publish extended and collapsed lengths on their website, but i can't find the info for their IBP series. It's possible (but unlikely) that you got someone's custom order instead of your generic 12" shock.
the body length is the key. if its the same length as a 12" shock than its possible someone tossed a spacer inside to limit travel to their application.
yep, that too. It may be a design feature of the IBP bits. I know the "standard" coilovers for a Toyota Tacoma are identical to the "exteneded travel" coilovers. The only difference is a droop limiting spacer in the standards. More parts, les expensive, go figure.
mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

Post by mobil1syn »

from - https://accutuneoffroad.com/product/kin ... 12-travel/

the collapsed length will tell you if you have a special shock or not

Product Brand: King
Product Body Diameter: 2.5
Product Piston Rod Diameter: 7/8"
Product Series: Performance Race
Product Travel: 12"
Product Adjuster: Internal Bypass