Coil with shock options

Codybrippin
Bronco Info: 96 bronco xl 5.0 5 speed

Coil with shock options

Post by Codybrippin »

I’m starting my build I’ve already got my rear set up ( deavers , extended shackles , under bed shock mount with gen 2 raptor shocks) but with regearing both diffs I may be coming short on funds for the front as I wanted to do coilovers . For my front I’ve already got a set of cut and turn beams with threat Heim radius arms . If I were to do a 4 inch coil or 5.5 deaver coil what are my decent shock options with the stock coilbuckets . I know I can get an adapter for the top but will have to come up with a mount on the radius arm . Could a run a 2.0 or 2.5 any idea length ?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Coil with shock options

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Shock length will depend on placement & how high above the coil bucket you go with the top mount. Most people run 10's when doing this I'd say. For how to mount the shock - many around here cut the stock shock mount off the bucket and add a mount up top. Should be a few picks floating around of different ways to do it. Look up pics of the camburg coil buckets for ideas. Guys could use 2.5's with those buckets

In other parts of the country many guys use the F-250 shock mounts & run a bilstein or rancho = more like a longer, stock type replacement gas shock.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Coil with shock options

Post by Tchajagos »

In stock location, with 4” lift and cut/turns, 10” pin tops in front of beams, 8” pin tops behind beams. Fox has 2.0 pin tops. You will have to make the lower mounts pretty low for the rear of beam shocks. Even with 8s. You will still get like 11” of travel.
Whiterhino1
Bronco Info: 1994 bronco 4 inch lift 35's

Re: Coil with shock options

Post by Whiterhino1 »

contact john at autofab, he has a killer 4' progressive rate coil for 250 a set. I run them with his buckets and a 3.0 king triple bypass. It runs better than most coil over rigs. Id do a pin top king 2.5 with good valving. It'll do good