has any one messed with walker evans coil overs?

Bftank
Bronco Info: 1996 bronco 6 inch dick cepek front, deavers in the rear

has any one messed with walker evans coil overs?

Post by Bftank »

i bought a couple 14"x2.5" coil overs with reservoirs from WE. i had to change a fitting on the hose to make them fit under the rear of the bronco. one had pressure the other did not. one had fluid, the other did not. the fluid looked like atf red.

Any idea what fluid goes in these?

What pressure should I set the nitrogen at?

Id like to take these apart and verify the shim stacks are the same so i get a decent baseline, so i might as well make sure they are charged and have the correct fluid in them. kinda disappointed, for brand new shocks. i wish i had sprung for kings or fox like my gut told me too.
@outdoorexplorationgear on Instagram, focused on Krustythebronco, building a towrig, creating a prerunner/rockcrawler business.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: has any one messed with walker evans coil overs?

Post by SteveG »

We use them on a lot of our cars at work and haven’t had any quality issues that I know of. Did you call them?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Bftank

Post by Bftank »

SteveG wrote:We use them on a lot of our cars at work and haven’t had any quality issues that I know of. Did you call them?
im going to call them next week, just found out about it. bought them a year ago and just opened them up.
@outdoorexplorationgear on Instagram, focused on Krustythebronco, building a towrig, creating a prerunner/rockcrawler business.
Bftank

Post by Bftank »

I followed up with walker evans racing about the shocks.

they take 10w oil, 150-200 psi of nitrogen, and the ifp needs to be set at 7.5 inches when filling with oil.

i ordered the special tool to hold the ifp where i needed it to be at, and i will get the oil at oriellys.

unfortunately, walker evans no longer makes these shocks, as they are focusing more on the utv sxs market. he did say that they would help any way they can with parts etc. which i thought was pretty cool.