bronco tire size going up

funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

With more guys going to a bigger tire. Let’s talk about options. Broncos are the new cool in desert off road.

Things people do

Fabricated knuckles
Backing plate at a minimum on the stock knuckle.
Crush sleeve
Locking snout nut
Ram assist along with other steering upgrades.
Larger wheel studs
Bigger fiberglass
Firewall clearance

I have talk to a few of you about bigger snouts. Lots of opinions on this topic. I get that only 25% of the current bronco builds need bigger snouts. I do feel that number is going up though. As GoFast guys follow the current trends of Desert racing.

These are ford Dana 44HD and Dana 50 snouts both are bigger than our standard Dana 44. The 44HD uses some of the same parts as the standard 44 snout. The Dana 50 does not. I understand this would make the front end more custom. But we are already going to crazy town why not add this to our builds.....feedback please

The added cost just does not seem like a deal breaker
Two cores
50 have a lower steering arm
Lug pattern cost to re drill
Custom axles (we already do this)
Attachments
IMG_2167.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG (134.48 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Don’t forget the brakes. A fabricated knuckle allows you to run much larger brakes. The d50 already has much larger rotors and calipers. Also larger ball joints (Atleast the lower one.)
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Re: bronco tire size going up

Post by hollandermotorsports »

We are working on a spindle upgrade that will package in stock hub probably if not we have a hub option. We will also do proper right hand and left hand threads. There is a lot of added machine reliefs in current spindles available that make them weak. Crush sleeves help a lot but you have to know what you are doing when you install. We currently are slammed wrapping up truck for Norra but watch for some exciting stuff in May and June. We have a ball joint delete kit coming very soon as well.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Also, keeping the front 8 lug opens up the options for rear full floater axles. Dime a dozen sterlings or 14 bolt full floaters. Much cheaper and stronger options.