SD tuning 1994 5.8

Whiterhino1
Bronco Info: 1994 bronco 4 inch lift 35's

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by Whiterhino1 »

So im starting my motor build, pretty mild but should add a little power. GT40 heads, 1.6 roller rockers, port matched intake, headers, full exhaust. What options are available for speed density tuning? ive read sct and jet make custom chips? Fill me in guys.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by cs_drums »

I talk to JBA. They basically have to burn a chip rather than just flash a tune like obd2. I have a few emails I can forward you if you want.

The few other shops that I have talked to have defaulted to MAF conversions.

Fiveology sells MAF conversions that can be calibrated to larger injectors supporting more mods. Given the modest mods your planning that may be a easier route. Brian(if I remember correctly) is super awesome as far as explaining his product.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Whiterhino1

Re: SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by Whiterhino1 »

Ok so here’s the plan, edelbrock upper and lower, gt40 heads off a 351 saleen, 1.7 rr, and full bottom end fresher up. My issue is going with a cam, then I have to do mass air conversion, that’s another 1k bucks. I need some input
cs_drums

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by cs_drums »

Check out the PIMP ecu available through Stinger performance. It is basically Megasquirt in a Ford ECU and pinned accordingly. Sec learning and fully tunable via there software. I have one sitting in my garage waiting for the rest of the funding to build a motor.

Though I haven’t installed it yet, based on my research it is hands down the most versatile setup for our era fords

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cs_drums

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by cs_drums »

Also, I’ve spoke with JBA and they will tune SD via burning a chip. I’d just email them if you decide to go that route and see what needs to be considered with cam selection. I remember something along the lines of keeping they’ve separation within 114 but I don’t know if that is still a factor when going with a custom tune

cs_drums

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by cs_drums »

Lobe separation*

Whiterhino1

Post by Whiterhino1 »

Thanks Brian! The more research I do, i find that not going MAF is a big mistake
Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by Bajaluv »

Whiterhino1 wrote:Thanks Brian! The more research I do, i find that not going MAF is a big mistake

I am literally on the same path as you. I currently have a 96 motor installed in my 91 bronco. I have it running on my OBD1 set up. I have everything I need to make it mass airflow OBD2. Just trying to find somebody reliable here in San Diego to complete the transformation. But I agree going mass airflow is a must, tunability is a huge upgrade. I have GT heads, cam, rockers 24lb injectors basically everything you described. Maybe we can figure this out together lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bajaluv

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by Bajaluv »

cs_drums wrote:Check out the PIMP ecu available through Stinger performance. It is basically Megasquirt in a Ford ECU and pinned accordingly. Sec learning and fully tunable via there software. I have one sitting in my garage waiting for the rest of the funding to build a motor.

Though I haven’t installed it yet, based on my research it is hands down the most versatile setup for our era fords

I thought about going the mega squirt route, I’ve read good reviews.

cs_drums

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by cs_drums »

I haven’t installed mine yet. I’m on the fence about installing the one have along with the C6 from John(that I still need to pick up). Stinger is about 3-4 weeks from releasing the new version with transcontroller for E4OD integrated.

I still on the wrong side of the country to work on my bronco so nothings happening for another couple months.

I’m leaning towards selling what I have and getting the new trans supporting version.

Bajaluv

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by Bajaluv »

cs_drums wrote:I haven’t installed mine yet. I’m on the fence about installing the one have along with the C6 from John(that I still need to pick upImage). Stinger is about 3-4 weeks from releasing the new version with transcontroller for E4OD integrated.

I still on the wrong side of the country to work on my bronco so nothings happening for another couple months.

I’m leaning towards selling what I have and getting the new trans supporting version.

I wasn’t aware they were making a new version including you for E4OD controller? I’m going to need more information on that bad boy, as of right now I enjoy driving my bronco the way it is just not getting the best out of this motor yet

VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

This is my opinion- physically go to JBA- tell them what you are doing and ask them if they can burn a chip for you. If a SD system can be made to work perfect what’s the point of s MAF? Don’t use MAF because the internet says so. I went OBD2 because a demon lived in my harness that I couldn’t get out. JBA should be your very best bet to make your truck all it can be.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
cs_drums

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by cs_drums »

Found my emails from JBA about SD tuning from when I was planning my 408 build. They are from 2013 so I wouldn’t expect the prices to be the same. ImageImage

cs_drums

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by cs_drums »

I think with the availability of the E4OD supported PIMP ECU converting a SD to MAF is now a waste of time.

Bajaluv

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by Bajaluv »

cs_drums wrote:I think with the availability of the E4OD supported PIMP ECU converting a SD to MAF is now a waste of time.

That’s good info from JBA, I’m going to stop by and chat with them tomorrow. Thanks for information.

Whiterhino1

Post by Whiterhino1 »

This is really great info, I’m looking forward to building my motor!!!
Bajaluv

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by Bajaluv »

Coming soon !!

Bajaluv

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by Bajaluv »

cs_drums

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by cs_drums »

I’m on the list too haha

This could be a real game changer for our motor building woes

cs_drums

SD tuning 1994 5.8

Post by cs_drums »

Also for any of you dudes that have carb or pre E4OD trucks. I have a PIMP setup that I’m selling. Complete with standalone harness & new 34lb ford racing injectors. I was planning on swapping to C6 and using this until I heard the e4od version was coming out.