Short Course Links Question..

squiggy_bum
Bronco Info: 1992 Ford Bronco, just starting a prerunner build, planning on 2.5 coil overs up front, stock beams

Post by squiggy_bum »

whats up guys i am planning on starting my short course link set up on my bronco here pretty soon and was wondering if someone could help me save some time buy giving me the lenghts of the upper and lower links. Im using solos upper and lower link mount so if anybody is running their short course link set up and could measure their upper and lower link real quick that would be rad. thanks guys
damon1272

Re: Short Course Links Question..

Post by damon1272 »

Dont remember off the top of my head what the top length is. I can find out tomorrow. The bottom is 48". Currently changing them out so if your interested let me know but I'll get you the top length tomorrow.
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

If you are building from scratch I would build to the bronco. Figure out your ride height figure out where you want your instant center for handling purposes. This depends on tab placement on the rearend elevation wise in reference to center line of axle. Then cycle for drive shaft plunge ect. Broncos really want a shorter arm than 48" due to short drive shaft. But shorter links means more rear steer and body roll. Ok now a completely other variable is this on a bronco with E4OD or AOD or C6 and what Tcase or some other hybrid set up? Has motor angle been changed? These are all thing to take into account while 4 linking the rear of any vehicle. 4 link should be built to the vehicle and desired performance. Now with that said have you called Solo to find out lengths? Make sure you match angles of your output yoke ind your diff yoke as well.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

If you have Instagram you can hit up @dualsport_bronco. We did a short course link setup on his with solo mounts. Can’t remember lengths off the top of my head.
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

Top links are 43" and lower are 48". Solo's are short at something like 43" on the lower link.