Why does my turning radius SUCK !

XTate
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco stock not for long

Why does my turning radius SUCK !

Post by XTate »

Hey I know there could be a 100 answers, but what are the most common reasons. Do you always lose turn radius with a long travel beam truck vs a stock truck? FYI about 4 inch over beams, 14 inch coil overs, travel strapped at 18 inches, on 37's
MOSS2

Re: Why does my turning radius SUCK !

Post by MOSS2 »

Probably the biggest killer would be a spool in the back, or a locker that locks easily. Then different offset wheels that change the scrub radius and steering geometry probably doesn't match the width and wheelbase quite like a stock setup.
XTate
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco stock not for long

Post by XTate »

Well it could be my ass end, I have a detroit locker, which acts like a spool most of the time, but I question it because I have a detroit locker in a stock chevy truck that the turning radius is not near as bad as my Bronco.
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Generally if you widen the track you need to make the inside front wheel turn sharper and the outside a little less to follow the same radius turn. From a quick sketch it looks like a couple degrees difference from stock at a 40ft radius and +4inches per side. Caster and camber make a big difference too.