Exhaust Routing ?

XTate
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco stock not for long

Exhaust Routing ?

Post by XTate »

On a leaf spring Bronco , what is the best rout? I want to dump out in front of the passenger rear tire, but it is not clear to me how to get it there, do I go under or above the leaf spring? somebody please post up some photos.XTate
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Re: Exhaust Routing ?

Post by VintageIronFab »

Unfortunately I think using the tubular donuts to make crazy tight mandrel bends is about all I know of short of a hole in the frame to make it all higher and tighter.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

XTate

Post by XTate »

Jim, those are good photos, if I understand right you came straight out of the Cat with no muffler ?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

A few guys have done it that way Tate - sounds good. Not as loud as you would think
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Exhaust Routing ?

Post by Tchajagos »

I've just did a down turn after the second cat on a few broncos. The cats quiet it down a lot. Just make sure you weld on a support to the cross member.
XTate

Post by XTate »

I cut my stock exhaust off right after the 2nd cat months ago, I wanted to add a muffler and tail pipe to dump out the side, but it just looks like there is no room, and the most direct route would go thru the frame rail, there is no way I want to cut a hole in the frame and try to box it all in. I need the truck as quiet as possible because I need to slip up on furry little animal and shoot them for fun. Anybody got a photo of a long travel leaf spring set up with a muffler ? Tate
mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

Post by mobil1syn »

was expecting this setup to be super loud and annoying, but its actually nice and pleasant. 3" from the cat back didnt want to go under the frame because i would like to do some mild rockcrawling in this thing.

Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Exhaust Routing ?

Post by Tchajagos »

mobil1syn wrote:was expecting this setup to be super loud and annoying, but its actually nice and pleasant. 3" from the cat back didnt want to go under the frame because i would like to do some mild rockcrawling in this thing.

You have a good 15" before you get to the rear shocks. Really can't go a whole lot farther than that cross member before you run into a under the bed shock hoop with shocks on it. You should be able to fit something with a shorter profile in there. Idk any after market mufflers that are made for extra quiet operation though.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Exhaust Routing ?

Post by cs_drums »

I did it much like the pics above going over the frame rail. I don't recommend a turn down as I tryed that and melted perfectly good limit straps haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
XTate

Post by XTate »

Thanks for the pics, keep them comming