Fiberglass Fender mounting kit

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: Fiberglass Fender mounting kit

Post by tcm glx »

Autofab still sells these, it prevent/precut ready for welding and fitment.

If you talk to John he will tell you the vast amount of fender options, coupled with tweaked Broncos would make it impossible to sell this setup assembled, it would likely never fit. Needs to be built on the truck. The prebuilt setup he sells Is a great start and a great price point.
Deslboy
Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 351. Currently being built. Solo c&t beams, solo radius arms, solo shock hoops

Post by Deslboy »

The pics of the bronco at Desolate is my close friends bronco. The work they did is beautiful. But it is a lot of labor time to do these and they are not cheap because of that. These COULD be a production item but the buyer would have to weld on the fender tabs depending on what brand/bulge of the fender. As far as the structure attaching to the firewall and core support, the type of fender being mounting will not effect it.
essexjet
Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco, stock now but work in progress

Post by essexjet »

Hey, nice bronco. Desolate took almost 2 weeks building these as it is very labor intensive
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

essexjet wrote:Hey, nice bronco. Desolate took almost 2 weeks building these as it is very labor intensive
Building the tube structure is not Labor intensive.. all the extra sheet metal work is. If it's going to be a fender mount kit.. all you will need, is the structure itself, and the tabs for starter solenoid and fuse box. When you buy autofab fender washers, you get them with tabs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
XLR8
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco XL

Post by XLR8 »

I’m bringing this back from the dead. Sorry

I have a build going in Tx and need all the short cuts I can get. Don’t mind paying for a quality cage but would like the DIY things like this and I’m mediocre fab guy. Should I bug the Desolute guys weekly?
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

tvoymang
Bronco Info: (Former) 90' Bronco 351W

Post by tvoymang »

ImageImage

I built these ones. Not the prettiest. Maybe over built. I used 1.25x.120 dom. I have about 3-4 hrs per side on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Inner tube supports can be built very cheaply from simple .095 HREW- there’s zero reason for DOM or 4130 unless you just really want to spend the money. You can slay a weekend easily making a nice set. I would make the inner structure pretty damn strong as the factory fender is a structural part oddly enough. If it were me buying tubing I’d buy 3/4” and buy a couple sticks because it’s super cheap and if you mess up or revise your design you dont want to be stuck just because you ran out of $0.50ft material.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Inner tube supports can be built very cheaply from simple .095 HREW- there’s zero reason for DOM or 4130 unless you just really want to spend the money. You can slay a weekend easily making a nice set. I would make the inner structure pretty damn strong as the factory fender is a structural part oddly enough. If it were me buying tubing I’d buy 3/4” and buy a couple sticks because it’s super cheap and if you mess up or revise your design you dont want to be stuck just because you ran out of $0.50ft material.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)