Rear Lift suggestions

Hambonesbrigade
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8 Cut & Turned, 5.5 Deaver Coils, Deaver Rear Leafs. Just getting started!

Rear Lift suggestions

Post by Hambonesbrigade »

Hi!
I put some 3" wide Deaver leaf springs on the rear yesterday. Since I just had the c&T installed with 5.5" front deaver coils I need to left the back. I don't want blocks and there is a bunch of stuff out there. Suggestions?
HambonesBrigade
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Rear Lift suggestions

Post by dtbback »

The 3" wide Deavers should be J40s and good for 3" of lift.
Mr. VanDii
Bronco Info: 1988 F150 4x4 Short wheel base

Post by Mr. VanDii »

Solo motorsports makes a drop bracket for your rear hanger, I think it's good for an inch. You may be able to do something similar with the front and use a wedge to get the last half inch and correct pinion angle.
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Rear Lift suggestions

Post by birdco85 »

What's the model on the springs?
Hambonesbrigade
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8 Cut & Turned, 5.5 Deaver Coils, Deaver Rear Leafs. Just getting started!

So I'm trying to find the stamp on the slings to be sure. They are 3" wide with 9 leafs. I'm wondering if I got some slrings way older than told and need to have rebuilt, that was a suggestion to me.

If I were yo buy new leafs and shackles to get 3-4"s of lift, any suggestions? Solo wants like 1500 for springs and shackles. Thought I saw shackles at autofab for $160. I did the front up so nice I don't want to get all getto on the rear...that's what she said.
HambonesBrigade
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Rear Lift suggestions

Post by birdco85 »

Solo is quoting you for Deaver q80's. Those are 2.5" wide, require new shackles to accommodate the width and provide you with spacers to take up the empty space in the hanger. They also, with their shackle, require you to drop your hangers down about 3ish inches and they provide the necessary parts to do that. If you just want 4 inches of lift get the Deaver j40's like was mentioned earlier. They are 3 inches wide, and don't immediately require longer shackles. You can only get them from bronco graveyard and are about $700 after shipping.
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

All I know is 5" over stock height is 3" too damn tall from a performance standpoint.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
Hambonesbrigade

Sooo I called Deaver and they said they would reshape the springs to whatever height i needed for $350 reuild. Luckily i live 15 miles from Deaver.

oh, deaver does not stamp there leafs.
HambonesBrigade
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

No, they don't stamp because stamping spring steel is a joke.

They used to use a template & paint the numbers on, but in more recent years (well, maybe the last 10??) they've gone to stickers.

Not the greatest pic, but the 2 white things on the right side of the leafs in this pic are the stickers
7-19-10 G2 deavers 2.jpg
7-19-10 G2 deavers 2.jpg (69.35 KiB) Viewed 744 times
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Hambonesbrigade

Awesome, think painted them. Ha

Went to Deaver and they can't get the lift I wanted out of the springs, needed about two inches and didn't want to spend the 350 on not what I wanted. Anyways, gonna need to wait for the $850 springs I want. Cheers!
HambonesBrigade
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Rear Lift suggestions

Post by Tchajagos »

And then there are the shocks and the mount for them haha. You're in it now! How much lift were you trying to get out of those deavers?
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

yep have them re arched....perfect

Note to all,

I have been doing this of late...... I buy used springs both Deaver or National and then having them gone through ( leafs added, taken out, arched...etc) and it saves around 350 to 600 depending on price you find them for and what you do to them. it been working so far.... just make sure the length is correct for what you need.
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

That is exactly what I did on the crew. Bought a used set of G7 springs (64" springs - 4" lift for a chevy 2500 as a swap for the crew) from Jeff & the guys at Leduc and then brought them to back to deaver to have them spruced up/gone through after I had set up all the mounts. I think the springs cost me $175 & the work on them was $200. Those springs are $750 new if I remember right.

Granted you can't always find used Deavers for under $200, but $350-400 isn't out of the norm & the less worn the springs means a bit (although not a ton) of savings in having them gone through & refurbished.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Rear Lift suggestions

Post by Tchajagos »

Jeremy, shoot me a text. I got a new phone and lost your number. I have some 3" lift springs you can use till you get your deavers.