solomotorsports basic or threatmotorsoprts d44 kit

wookiee156
Bronco Info: 1988 full sise aka "The Blue Mare" soon to be prerunner / chaserig

Post by wookiee156 »

I just want to know who's had what success and weak points ? I know you can upgrade the solo kit to have a coil\over shock but I do like the boxed raidius arms that threat has? Any opinions GFB ers :geek:
rdcjuanb
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco parked in garage. Long term project.

Re: solomotorsports basic or threatmotorsoprts d44 kit

Post by rdcjuanb »

Solo stuff is very well made and has had a ton of test miles on their stuff. I heard nothing but great feedback before I decided to purchase the engine cage and radius arms.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Lots of people here with both and all seem happy from what I've read.
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

like cut and turn coil bucket minimal fab work
or
widen beams, axles, coil-over, engine cage, fiberglass finders

lots of people have ran both ......I have used Solo and enjoyed working with that shop personally, but have never used threat his stuff looks nice .....
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Product wise, seen both and they are on par with eachother. Customers service is where. You should get opinions.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Like cs_drums said, they are both have good products. Just as a personal preference, I prefer the designs that Solo uses. I have done business with Bobby and Paul at Solo and they are easy to deal with, no BS. I refurbished several Race Radio's for them.

Another manufacturer to consider is Camburg. I have a set of extended shackles and a set of extended radius arms from them. When I got my shackles, Scott had them at my door the next day. Great service and the quality is excellent.
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

I'd go with whoever has the best customer service, and has been in the business building Broncos the last 20 years.!
wookiee156
Bronco Info: 1988 full sise aka "The Blue Mare" soon to be prerunner / chaserig

Post by wookiee156 »

Thanks guys I really appreciate everyone's opinions sounds like you really can't go wrong. I forgot all about camberg . who you referring to there Andy ?
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Hes refering to Solo.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

If we're throwing out shops (adding Camburg)... don't forget our sponsor site... Autofab.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Basically there's quite a few threat has pissed off cause of part delivery dates pushed out, over and over and over. In Andy's case it took him over a year to take delivery on parts he already paid for. In my case 4 months. So it's not all about parts it's about companies that keep their word. Reputation starts with real time promises and if your swamped say your swamped but don't take payment until you have product to deliver. When a guy pays for something he doesn't get to hold until you threaten a lawsuit it's just plain bad. Go with solo.
Jbfab
Bronco Info: 94 centurion bronco 5.8/zf many mods more all the time.

Post by Jbfab »

I had a fast turn around when i had solo do my c&t beams. Just over a week, keep in mind i had to ship them from PA and they had to ship them back. When intalked with them over the phone and through emails they laid out all my options with prices and we went from there. I would bet I am the farthest east they have sent anything.
Hauls Assington
Bronco Info: Under Construction

Post by Hauls Assington »

I got threat stuff, it came on time, and seems to be of very high quality. I will let you know after I actually drive my bronc lol.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Personally I don't care for the billet lower for the cut and turn. Granted I haven't heard one fail yet, I wasn't all that impressed. Also I broke a solo shock mount. I bent a set of threat arms but that was his old design. Giant is another also. Autofab I would say would be the best bet but they are more expensive. John is the originator and does some really good work. He's also no bs.
Mr. VanDii
Bronco Info: 1988 F150 4x4 Short wheel base

Post by Mr. VanDii »

I've dealt with Paul at Solo and Dave at Threat. Both are extremely friendly knowledgeable people. I went with Threat ultimately, and pricing is fantastic!
agavelouis
The Champ
Bronco Info: 1994 5.0 Bronco. Solo Motorsports all the way around

Post by agavelouis »

I have nothing but good to say about Solo here.

Every single issue I have had with my Bronco in the past 7 months has been my fault / stock part failure.

I went to the coil conversion right away knowing that my bronc was going to be a prerunner that needed to get me through the Baja 1000. Everything lined up perfect, and really only took 3-4 days to install the front and rear systems (Q80's in the rear for springs with Solo underbed mounts)
keenanduran1
Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150

Post by keenanduran1 »

Threat - I personally have Threat's beams, radius arms, shackles, and rear shock tower. They have worked great for me. Parts were on time, the only thing that lagged a bit was the new axles but Dave didn't make them. I got good service and great products.
Solo - Bobby at solo is a stand up guy. He has done nothing but help me with questions and personal advice that has helped me out a lot and saved me money. I don't really have any of his parts but he hooked me up with rear brake lines when i needed them in a hurry.
fomoco51
Bronco Info: 1992 bronco project

Post by fomoco51 »

I've got threat on mine. Yea it took 4 months or so to get em. Dave seems to be a pretty stand up guy. I picked them up last year on our way to the swapmeet but he didnt have the axles yet. But they arrived at my door step 4 days after. He will work on price as well.
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

Threat front and back here. I bought my Bronco with the front already done (It was Dave's personal Bronco at one time) However, I did buy my rear shock mount, bypass shocks, Deaver's and shackles from Dave and he got them to me exactly when he said he would. He has also been very helpful when it comes to any questions. I hear great things about all the others mentioned here as well.
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Post by birdco85 »

I'm running richer racing. CHO did the work and it's awesome. These radius arms are very high clearance compared to solo. They are 2" .120 dom and the lower tube is cut very close. They were very competitive with the others prices. I do have threat in the rear too. Very nice stuff. Kinda ticked that the shackle is just a bit too long for the stock hanger. I had to trim the cross member. ImageImage