couple ???

hawgty55
Bronco Info: 89 bronco 4x4 ready for parts and fun

couple ???

Post by hawgty55 »

ok I have a couple questions regarding my front end beam and what I can or have to do.

I understand the proper and easier way is to call threat giant solo est. and purchase from them
but curious on what can be done.

I currently I have a rancho 4" lift that im going to install to start and
will eventually end in a coilover front end with stock length beams.

1st; can I just run stock beams with drop brackets and coilover? if yes will I be able to get correct alignment?

2nd; if I purchase c&t beams do you still have to run drop bracket?

This is my first attempt and have done some research and im sure there are a 100 or more threads on this ? but sometimes it gets redundant and im not finding the answers to my ?.

my thoughts are that I can run the 4" lift to start and then when ready and then swap out coils and buckets for shock hoop and coilover(in short)

Im sure im confusing people and or not asking the right questions any input is appreciated. I also understand that I should just go to solo threat giant est. and purchase c&t kit from any of these
guys and be satisfied. but I want to know what i can do as im going to be doing and using vehicle a little bit at a time.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: couple ???

Post by dtbback »

1. Yes, Shane's bronco is running that exact set up.

2. No, C&T beams are so you don't have to use drop down brackets.

My advice is do a lot of reading and decide what you want your bronco to do and then decide how you want to build it. If you read and read and read you'll learn a lot.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

I agree. Drop brackets seem to be a pain to install. Decide what you are really after and go from there. No use installing to remove a couple months later. Most people on here don't like the drop brackets due to the added leverage they apply to the frame and crossmember and many blame them for frame cracks (lots of people agree..... lots of people disagree). More than one way to get it done so make a plan and stick to it is best advice.
hawgty55
Bronco Info: 89 bronco 4x4 ready for parts and fun

Post by hawgty55 »

Thank you for the lesson I appreciate it.
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

Also, with the c&t beams you use the stock pitman arm, not the dropped one.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Pros and cons to both I think. I'd say C&T is stronger compared to your production drop bracket. Drop brackets do give you better camber change through the travel and better joint angles. Giant Motorsports make a very stout drop bracket set up. If I was going stock width I'd go that route.