Haeder info

LvSteve
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT Sport. 96 427w e4od obd II system........ SOLD IT

Haeder info

Post by LvSteve »

After extensive searching through all the online forum groups I could identify, I have not been able to find an acceptable mid-length or long tube header combination. Many people speak about the jba, bbk, bassani, gibson and other brands. None of these headers truly give the complete mid range performance gain that I am looking for at rmp range of 2500 to 5000 with a 418 dss stroker or larger z460. Most stroker motors fall off at 3800 to 4200, the do not breath

I think we need to merge all the threads about headers.

I know this is an old link from National Lightning Owners Club but this is the best i have found

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-1-light ... erest.html

looking for info and photos for 92-96, No smog problems where i'm at
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Re: Haeder info

Post by BDKW1 »

The headers you need are not made. Even the long tube headers have small primary and crappy collectors for something that big. Plus they are a fit all sort of, nothing well type of deal. A custom set of tri-y's would be the best solution.
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

Maybe looking to 351 cleveland headers as those usually have bigger tubes. Cut off the flange and replace it with a 351w flange.
HOONracing
Bronco Info: 1991 built for SCORE class 3 racing

Post by HOONracing »

On my race truck I went with Pacesetters they have 1 5/8" primary tubes and are full lenght. They are the biggest headers I could find. So far they work great on my bronco but have only one race on them. We are running a efi 351w around the 400hp range. No dyno yet.
Here's the link.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/psm-70-2223/overview/
LvSteve
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT Sport. 96 427w e4od obd II system........ SOLD IT

Post by LvSteve »

Thanks HOONracing , Mac Pacesetters and obx all are making big tube pipes, I went with the obx after having great luck on a gt500 and a z06