Narrowed dana 60/ corp 14 bolt vs 9"

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Narrowed dana 60/ corp 14 bolt vs 9"

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

damn. Had I known that when I was looking at the rear ends for the crew cab I would have possibly gone 10.25 vs. having my hubs machined on the 10.5. Oh well.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Re: Narrowed dana 60/ corp 14 bolt vs 9"

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I know this is a old thread, but I can't sleep and bored.

Has anyone used a 08 F350 rear axle. I found a deal on one from a gas truck with 4.10 gears and the factory e-locker for $650 +$150 shipping. It has a 123k miles. I have read on other forums the 05+ axles were better with 35 spline axles and around 69" wms to wms. I know it will be heavy compared to my 9in, but it would give me 4in wider, 35 spline, full floater, 4.10 as my front for now and a E-Locker.

I don't know much about the OEM lockers, are the ok. I have only had Detroit Locker and never had a issue and I like how the run on Sand and I just don't accelerate in corners to keep from chirping the tires. I have an ARB air locker for the front, but I hate the idea of looking air pressure from a air leak when I really need it. Of course the air compressor or air line will fail when I really needed it

I think too much and it would be a quicker solution than a $4000+ fabricated 9". Weight is an issue, but how much?

I can get in the dirt faster and put money somewhere else on the Bronco.

Just thinking out loud or atleast the editted version with less 4 letter words

David