Transmission coolers

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Re: Transmission coolers

Post by Wrightracing.net »

On my Bronco I want to put two of those with shroud's and puller fans.
If I can afford it I will get a pair of Fluidyne Enduro Trans cooler with shrouds and fans but at $500 each is a bit high.
I may break down and do it anyway.
mounty71
Bronco Info: Mercury Mountaineer

Transmission coolers

Post by mounty71 »

Wrightracing.net wrote:
robertcrav wrote:
Wrightracing.net wrote:I agree with the statement that the puller fan is better than a pusher. The cooler in that picture did not work that well in the sand dunes at Glamis. I pulled it and put a True Line 45,000 GVW Trans cooler without a fan and it works so much better. The trans does not go above 180° anymore, even on hot days with a heavy load.
Do you have pics/part numbers for that cooler?
Tru-Cool # LPD4739, 40,000 GVW rating, 45,000 BTU rating
8 1/2 x 22 3/4 x 1 1/4 inch

Old thread I know but I settled on trying this cooler. Did you end up using the thermal bypass thermostat thing? I was thinking it might be nice for those winter trips when it gets down to 15* in the desert at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

not cold enough in baja or so cal - just for co or colder
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Like Paul said, never used the bypass, in my mind it was just something else to fail. We try to keep things simple. Also the cold it not a issue in the desert. I love it that it runs at 150deg almost year around with a top temp of 190 in deep sand and silt for long periods.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

On my 96 the gauge hit 140F by the time I got to the PMEX = 1 mile --- in january
mounty71

Transmission coolers

Post by mounty71 »

Cool thanks, a friend also mentioned to me that it's another potential failure point, I just wanted to see what people who have been doing this for a lot longer thought.

mounty71

Transmission coolers

Post by mounty71 »

Cool thanks, a friend also mentioned to me that it's another potential failure point, I just wanted to see what people who have been doing this for a lot longer thought.

pat_car22
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco XLT 5.0-

Post by pat_car22 »

I am looking to plumb my coolers this next week, I upgrader the core support and went with a CBR radiator without the trans cooler built in. So without this running through the radiator, I decided to go with twin external aluminum coolers with puller fans and shrouds. I am looking for info on the stock E40D hose ports sizes from the trans. Anyone have this info? [img][67745917882__23E33B6C-F08C-4383-89D6-DAA38363704D.HEICimg]