New (To me) Coilovers

Jasonj105
Bronco Info: 1989 Bronco, 5.8, C6

New (To me) Coilovers

Post by Jasonj105 »

Today I got my new to me coilovers in the mail!. I have a couple questions for you guys. They are 2.5 12 inch and they came with a 300.1200.500 and a 300.1400.500 coil. I have a 5.8, caged, and I will be mounting them on the front of stock width beams. Do you guys think I would be ok to go with a 300.12.500 on top and a 300.1600.600 on the bottom? I think im going to go ahead and rebuild them since they are used. Ive rebuilt dirtbike rear shocks, and after reading and watching youtube, I think I can do it. I dont know what valving they have. What would you guys reccomend as a good starting point? How do you know where to set the stops for the slider?

Thank you.

We Might As Well Give Up And Run, If We Let Them Take Our God And Guns
Deleted Account
Bronco Info: depends on what day

Re: New (To me) Coilovers

Post by Deleted Account »

you going to be 500/500 or lighter on the front of the beam. start with those that are free... lol
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

pretty much what I was thinking. There is a thread going right now with everyone's list of coil rates and most, if not all are lighter than what you got. Run um since you got um and change if needed. I'd bet you go lighter before you go heavier on spring rate though.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Jasonj105
Bronco Info: 1989 Bronco, 5.8, C6

Post by Jasonj105 »

Ya I've been reading the dual rate posts and it seems to be a variety of opinions. The only coilovers ive ever had are the ones on my silverado, and they are oem king replacements so I just bolted them on. I was looking at the different replacement parts for the king shocks, how do i know if they are race or performance series?
We Might As Well Give Up And Run, If We Let Them Take Our God And Guns
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

if the have a step on the lower end its a race series.