extending ttb's

95_Bronco
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco Eddie Bauer

extending ttb's

Post by 95_Bronco »

okay so im attempting to extend my first set of ttb's on my 95 bronco. I want to go 4.5" over and I was wondering how you find out where your camber is going to be before welding everything up. As far as I understand 0* or a little bit of postive camber is best. Help! :mrgreen:
SMT Racing: Co-Dog
baja-chris

Re: extending ttb's

Post by baja-chris »

How far you relocate the lower ball joint depends on ride height. Unless you have a jig from doing this previously, you have to tack the lower ball joint location into place with your best guess, put it back in the truck and see where it's at then adjust and repeat until you have it where you want it. Don't forget to add in some more caster to account for the new ride height also. I prefer lots of caster, like 8-10 degrees and 1-2 degrees of camber but that's a go-fast-in-the-dirt setup.
95_Bronco

Post by 95_Bronco »

okay but this truck will be 95% Daily Driver and the rest is chasing and messing around in the dirt. would you still prefer running with 1-2* of camber and 8-10* of caster?
baja-chris

Post by baja-chris »

For a daily driver, use the factory alignment specs.
95_Bronco

Post by 95_Bronco »

okay, so recently i was looking at some pictures and didnt relize it till now, did some dana 44 ttb's have different mounting locations for the radius arm? i noticed that on some the radius arm hole is closer to the diff and on mine its closer to the wheel. I have a 95 Bronco. Where is the most common place to cut for extending with the application?
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

95_Bronco wrote:okay, so recently i was looking at some pictures and didnt relize it till now, did some dana 44 ttb's have different mounting locations for the radius arm? i noticed that on some the radius arm hole is closer to the diff and on mine its closer to the wheel. I have a 95 Bronco. Where is the most common place to cut for extending with the application?
No, the radius arm mount in the same place on all unmodified Dana 44s. What you might be seeing is extended sets of beams. The area you cut is right where the mounts for the radius arm are and you can extend from either side.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/