Shock down travel

Jasonj105
Bronco Info: 1989 Bronco, 5.8, C6

Shock down travel

Post by Jasonj105 »

How much shock down travel, not wheel travel are you guys running. Im working on my shock hoops and Im curious about what everyone else is running. Thank you.
We Might As Well Give Up And Run, If We Let Them Take Our God And Guns
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: Shock down travel

Post by philofab »

Front or rear? I just set mine up so the shock was fully compressed when the suspension was completely compressed without a bump stop. The shock still has a little down travel due to the front coils and rear shackles restricting droop. I can measure at ride height if you would like. My truck is configured with a 12" SAW in the rear with an Autofab style mount and a 10" SAW in the front with a Camburg coil bucket.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Jasonj105

Post by Jasonj105 »

Thanks Philo, I should have mentioned that it is for the front. Thats what I did, I ran my ttb up to the frame, and left about an 1/8 inch on the shock. Im using a 12'' 2.0 Fox, but it left me with about 4.5 inches of down travel on the shock. im hoping that translates to about 7 inches of wheel down travel. Does that sound about right? I've never built my own like this so I'm learning as I go.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

If I'm reading between the lines correctly here, your asking how much droop travel you should have at static ride-height. Right?

Generally Broncos are set up with roughly 2/3 of wheel travel in bump and 1/3 droop.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Jasonj105

Post by Jasonj105 »

Correct, At static ride height my shock is at 26.75 inches. At full droop it is at 31.25, which doesnt seem like enough, but thats at the shock not at the wheel. At the end of the wheel it looks like almost double the movement.
towerace1

Post by towerace1 »

Do you need to know how to measure wheel travel?
Jasonj105

Post by Jasonj105 »

No, I just wanted to know how much shock down travel from static ride height most guys are running.