Giant Motorsports FSB 64" springs kit or deavers

DANNYV
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT

Post by DANNYV »

Giant Motorsports Full Size Bronco 64" Long Travel Spring Kit or some deavers, shackles ,and bypasses . What would be a better set up? Does any one know what the giant kit comes with? Has any one run this kit???? Need some info.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Re: Giant Motorsports FSB 64" springs kit or deavers

Post by RyanDS650X »

Giant kit if you want to cut up your bed. Deavers if you dont.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
DANNYV

Post by DANNYV »

I plan on cutting up the bed with either system so that wont be a problem .
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

The giant kit can come with as much as you want or as little. The giant kit will cost a little more and have better performance over f53s.

Your driveline will limit your travel numbers.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

What are you putting the leaves on? I have a set of the giant leafs I MAY be willing to part with - not sure.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
DANNYV

Post by DANNYV »

Going on a bronco .
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Danny I am a big fan of the giant set up but not so much on the price..hahah The Giant setup is a well built and thought out approach with the spring under set up.
The flipside is going with deavers, shackles, and a good shock is a Great combo as well and will likely in 99% of the applications work as well or better than the giant setup with less work.
It would help if you gave us a better idea of what you are using the truck for ie an all round do everything, hardcore pre runner, short course etc.
You say that you are okay with cutting up the bed so I am assuming that you are leaning towards a dedicated pre runner? I also run holes through the bed for my shocks as I moved them to the spring perches and have no regrets even though my particular set up is not complete.
IMO I would save the coin on Giants set up until you complete your front and in the mean time run a set of deaver F53 or J40s they both work well and will get you plenty of travel. I am not sure what Geoff is charging for the spring under kit but last time I checked you could easily have a well set up rear suspension and change left over for the price. As I said I am a fan of it and may go there myself but for the dollars spent you can achieve alot with the deavers.
Jeremy
DANNYV

Post by DANNYV »

I use my truck as a Street leagal Prerunner where it can tackle a knarly sections of whoops, jumps what ever I throw at it then get me around town looking cool hahaha . Right now have solos engine cage c&t beams , radius arms ,and coilovers . The rear has a shock hoop under the bed ,bilstines, shackles, and really don't know what the leafs are probably stock. The rear really struggles to keep up with the front end right now. I was thinking about linking it but I'm not a big fan on that price. So it's giants kit or somthing else.
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Linking the bronco without lengthening it is not worth it IMO your wheel travel is limited by your driveshaft and with a set of J40 or F53 springs you can get 17" or so. The biggest advantage I see with Giants 64" spring is going spring under. As I said before for the price and work required its a hard sell to me when you can go with a set of deavers and get a great ride out of the rear.
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Linking the bronco without lengthening it is not worth it IMO your wheel travel is limited by your driveshaft and with a set of J40 or F53 springs you can get 17" or so. The biggest advantage I see with Giants 64" spring is going spring under. As I said before for the price and work required its a hard sell to me when you can go with a set of deavers and get a great ride out of the rear.
Jeremy
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

The biggest advatnage to spring under on a bronco is the springs will not go negative at full bump using a factory bump stop meaning the springs should last "forever".

Why does the floor need to be cut? Shackle clearance? If so I would just put the biggest shackle on that would fit under the floor and have a custom spring made with less free arch.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
DANNYV

Post by DANNYV »

The floor would need to be cut for a 16" shock instead of 12s. That is a nother reason I don't want to link it because u can about the same travel as leafs with a stock length bronco.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

DANNYV wrote:The floor would need to be cut for a 16" shock instead of 12s. That is a nother reason I don't want to link it because u can about the same travel as leafs with a stock length bronco.
I would be tempted to run them with the 12" shock under the floor. Like Kris said, your springs would last forever and you could keep all your cargo space... if that's important to you.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

SteveG wrote:
DANNYV wrote:The floor would need to be cut for a 16" shock instead of 12s. That is a nother reason I don't want to link it because u can about the same travel as leafs with a stock length bronco.
I would be tempted to run them with the 12" shock under the floor. Like Kris said, your springs would last forever and you could keep all your cargo space... if that's important to you.
X2, 12 x 2.5 shocks under the floor and call it done. My bronco has 12 x 2.5, new shock mount, F53 Deavers and a 2 link system.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Polarcub wrote:Danny I am a big fan of the giant set up but not so much on the price..hahah The Giant setup is a well built and thought out approach with the spring under set up.
The flipside is going with deavers, shackles, and a good shock is a Great combo as well and will likely in 99% of the applications work as well or better than the giant setup with less work.
It would help if you gave us a better idea of what you are using the truck for ie an all round do everything, hardcore pre runner, short course etc.
You say that you are okay with cutting up the bed so I am assuming that you are leaning towards a dedicated pre runner? I also run holes through the bed for my shocks as I moved them to the spring perches and have no regrets even though my particular set up is not complete.
IMO I would save the coin on Giants set up until you complete your front and in the mean time run a set of deaver F53 or J40s they both work well and will get you plenty of travel. I am not sure what Geoff is charging for the spring under kit but last time I checked you could easily have a well set up rear suspension and change left over for the price. As I said I am a fan of it and may go there myself but for the dollars spent you can achieve alot with the deavers.
Well put. One advantage of the Giant set up is the 2 link isnt needed. However, if you have a E4OD, you will be limited to around 17" of travel due to the driveshaft length. If you stick with the E4OD, go with the F53s or J40s and 12" shocks under the bed. If you use the C6, the extra 4" of driveshaft and Giant kit might give you another 2" of travel. As Kris says, the biggest advatnage to spring under on a bronco is the springs will not go negative at full bump using a factory bump stop meaning the springs should last "forever". Cutting the floor and bringing the shocks up from the spring plates will allow the shocks to work better and more directly, making them a little easier to tune. Looking at the websites, going Autofab or Giant, there isnt a lot of difference in price. Pay your money, takes your choice. It all boils down to "What are you planning to use it for?"
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

So with a Deaver/National Pack and a 12" shock under the bed you can get 17" of travel?? And with a 67" pack and going threw the bed you can get 19"?? or did i read that wrong Rod?? I'm on my way to getting a pack with 12" shocks under the bed. i think 17" +/- is fine. If i decide. and when i do in the future, I'll link the rear of the Bronco if i feel it can not keep up with the front end.

I just woke up! so bare with me! i'm jib jabbing...!
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
DANNYV

Post by DANNYV »

Ya I have the e40d so i guess deavers it is . I Thought giants kit was supposed to be way better than f53s or j40s but I guess not . I really like Shanes set up on his 84 bronco. It looks like deavers to me in all the pics and they shure prove them selves in the video. Does any one know what leaf pack he is running?
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Tony (TCM_GLX) runs an F53.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

F53s or J40s for the win in my opnion.

I have been running F53s for 3 and a half years now, and I really do like them. Folks with the J40 say that they have a little less sway, so that is another option.
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Both the F53 and J40 are a good choice the F53 is the 2.5" wide F150 spring while the J40 is the 3" wide spring which is the same width as the stock spring just be sure to do the extended shackles and ditch the factory wedge. You will need to have your spring perches moved to adjust the pinion angle.
As an aside to this with the giant springs you have to move the hangers as well as adjusting the pinion angle
Jeremy