Giant Motorsports FSB 64" springs kit or deavers

shockseals.com

Re: Giant Motorsports FSB 64" springs kit or deavers

Post by shockseals.com »

AusBroncodoc wrote:Well put. One advantage of the Giant set up is the 2 link isnt needed.
Two link is not needed on my truck...not when I had F53s nor with the custom leafs I have now.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Andy Jones wrote:So with a Deaver/National Pack and a 12" shock under the bed you can get 17" of travel?? And with a 67" pack and going threw the bed you can get 19"?? or did i read that wrong Rod?? I'm on my way to getting a pack with 12" shocks under the bed. i think 17" +/- is fine. If i decide. and when i do in the future, I'll link the rear of the Bronco if i feel it can not keep up with the front end.

I just woke up! so bare with me! i'm jib jabbing...!
Andy, sorry, I was inferring it is possible. As Philo said, you are limited by the driveshaft angle. A C6 setup is capable of more travel than a E4OD due to its shorter package. Autofab claims 18" of rear travel with their shock mount and rear setup, I was being a little more conservative :D
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

I have the Giant 64 kit on the bronco I am in the process of building. I got a longer shackle from giant bringing the ride hight down then notched the frame (2.5-3" I forgot) and floor crossmember to gain the up travel back. I am getting 22" bump to strap. The spring just hits negative arch maybe 3/4". The drive shaft is the big limiting factor. 19" the drive shaft is max with out notching the frame. Some times you have to ask yourself is it worth more of my time/work/money and frustration for a couple inches? Just my 2 cents Ill let you all know how it works once the rest of the build is done.

There is more pics here-

http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z33 ... 5323_n.jpg
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Nice to see someone who has this set up first hand.....I am still considering going spring under when I swap rear ends so I will be looking forward to the report!
Jeremy
ryan B
Bronco Info: prerunner

Post by ryan B »

shockseals.com wrote:
AusBroncodoc wrote:Well put. One advantage of the Giant set up is the 2 link isnt needed.
Two link is not needed on my truck...not when I had F53s nor with the custom leafs I have now.

I needed to do the two link thing.... The first two times i drove my bronco I broke the lower driveline u-joint each tome. After 2link.... 3 years same u-joints in the driveline. (before the 2link I could just make out the clang clang clang binding)
Attachments
trac barz.jpg
trac barz.jpg (87.14 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

What are the specs on that link set u? Is that based on the giant kit? More pics please.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

shockseals.com wrote:
Might that explain your broken leaves? I know you've done shit loads more offroad miles than me, Kris, but wouldnt a 2 link have saved a lot of breakage? Just asking :D
ryan B
Bronco Info: prerunner

Post by ryan B »

cs_drums wrote:What are the specs on that link set u? Is that based on the giant kit? More pics please.
ya It's a Giant 64 kit. I love it. I've modified it over the years... fixing cracks, and gusseting, and what not. imo the best setup to start with if your shocks are going into the cab.
Attachments
HPIM1393.jpg
HPIM1393.jpg (117.51 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
RSR

Post by RSR »

Ryan

Do you have a picture of that from the inside?

Rs
fordf100amc
Bronco Info: 91 bronco

Post by fordf100amc »

Ryan. Nice set up. How long is the shackle? Do you have any pictures of your shackle setup up close
Thanks
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

CS...this may be a dumb question but I am considering converting to spring under using my current leafs (J40s), how much longer is that front spring hanger? I want to keep the ride height I have now in the rear the same, once I do coilovers up front I may change that a bit but who knows.

I am assuming the rear hanger/shackle are the same ( I do have extended shackles)
Jeremy
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

The F250/350 hangar will gain you an inch or two of lift, is much stronger, and bolts right up. The rear hangar can be leaf frogged to add more lift and adjust the pinion angle.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

philofab wrote:The F250/350 hangar will gain you an inch or two of lift, is much stronger, and bolts right up. The rear hangar can be leaf frogged to add more lift and adjust the pinion angle.
Good to know Philo....I actually have a set of F250/350 hangers too....Just off the top of my head though it looks like I would need to gain almost 6" to keep the height where its at right now, thats looking at the springs dropping 3" from top to bottom of the axle and then the height of the pack itself....I just need to win the lotto so I can send the bronco into a shop haha or at least afford the tools I need still. One of these days
Jeremy
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

That sounds about right. The pack on my crew would be 9" lift if it was installed spring over.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

The hangers drop down and forward I'm not sure how much cause it's been a while since I had the stock hangers on there. I wouldn't even try to make a spring over pack work spring under. The time/money to performance gain wouldn't be worth it. I think the giant kit is well worth the money considering what you get and it's pretty much bolt on. I know a few guys that have used the deavers for 99-04 f150, stock frt hangers, and move the rear hanger w/ a longer shackle. I believe they are getting around 18" of travel and I believe they got 5" of wheel base. Not sure on the specifics of it. I was thinking of it but it's alot more work for a couple bucks saved.