Steering Dampners

Dezertbronco
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB

Steering Dampners

Post by Dezertbronco »

Anyone run one? I have been thinking the ti might help road manners. Any thoughs?
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
shockseals.com

Re: Steering Dampners

Post by shockseals.com »

These things drive like a dream...whats your issue and what beams/radius arms do you have?
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Dezertbronco wrote:Anyone run one? I have been thinking the ti might help road manners. Any thoughs?
Truthfully if your needing one then something is up with your steering, I dont know of too many GFB that use one and IMO dont feel that one is neccesary what problems are you having that make you feel you need one?
Jeremy
Dezertbronco

Post by Dezertbronco »

I drove it in the wind last night and the rain last week and it seems to wander a little. Im going to check the steering tonight. More than likely play in the steering. the steering wheel seems to bobble back and fourth at low speed.

also having the tires mounted on the 15x8" ARs next week. The 10'' wide Country boy offset isnt helping the situation. the 33"12.50" tires are 13.5 wide with these POS ultra wheels.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

My truck has 13.50 wide tires and is completely stable at all speeds. No stabilizer. Check your alignment, wheel bearings, balljoints, and steering joints for wear. Enough play will create "death wobble".
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Dezertbronco

Post by Dezertbronco »

philofab wrote:My truck has 13.50 wide tires and is completely stable at all speeds. No stabilizer. Check your alignment, wheel bearings, balljoints, and steering joints for wear. Enough play will create "death wobble".
Its stable at speed is low speed 45-50. I just finished the install so alignment hasnt been done, Its probably a combination of The Crappy offset wheels,alignment, and tire balancing.
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

More than likely its the alignment IMO, I ran 13.50s on a 10" rim and stability was never a problem. I did run into low speed death wobble very quickly after alignments but that probably had more to do with the overall weight of the tire I was running and later figuring out the passenger side drag link was bent. Your alignment since adding the rancho brackets is probably way out right now from the sounds of it but as philo suggested check all the steering etc it doesnt take much to throw it out of whack
Jeremy