Rear shock valving??

Hdgasser
Bronco Info: 94 EB, stackin parts to make me a nice LT daily!

Rear shock valving??

Post by Hdgasser »

Getting ready to slap a new 9” under my bronco cause the 8.8 gave up to goods and I needed a heavier rebound stack already but I figure the heavy ass 9” is gonna need more valving.

Right now I’m on q80’s 2.5x12 triple bypass kings
Comp - .020
Reb - .008
150 psi

Anybody have a similar setup? Valving recommendations?
Hdgasser
Bronco Info: 94 EB, stackin parts to make me a nice LT daily!

Re: Rear shock valving??

Post by Hdgasser »

So nobody knows what’s in their rear shocks… sweet!
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Re: Rear shock valving??

Post by Wrightracing.net »

One thing I was told and have always done is run 200 psi of Nitrogen. The pressure really is for cavitation and keeps the oil stable without expansion. The Nitrogen psi is not like an air shock for ride height. I don't have them on yet, but I am putting some King 3.0x18 king shocks with a single bleeder bypass tube from Geoff at Giant motorsports. He does the same setup on their Solid shocks and since there are no check balls in the bypass tube's, the shocks are much quicker compared to standard bypass shocks and with loud check balls. I am running the rear shocks straight up to the cross bar behind the rear bench seat, so keeping it as quiet as possible is a goal. If it is still noisey, I may fabricate a enclosed shock tower and spray it with a sound deadening coating, then put deadening material and marine carpeting like the rest of the Bronco interior.

I have not decided on my valving, I need to rebuild them and see what is in there already. I want to get better at rebuilding them myself and get some more tuning experience. In the past race vehicles I worked on, I just followed the lead of Ramsey El Wardani, who I raced with for 20+ year's.

I am going to give shockseals.com for what I need.

Good luck

David