go fast kits/builders ??

tbeaton
Bronco Info: 1995 xlt black

go fast kits/builders ??

Post by tbeaton »

there are so many guys that make kits for these. threat, ohhcho, solo, desolate, giant etc. are there any kits that are just better than the other? is there ones i should stay away from? i'm planning on an extended beam kit, leafs in the back for the foreseeable future.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Re: go fast kits/builders ??

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

tbeaton wrote:there are so many guys that make kits for these. threat, ohhcho, solo, desolate, giant etc. are there any kits that are just better than the other? is there ones i should stay away from? i'm planning on an extended beam kit, leafs in the back for the foreseeable future.
That’s like asking what oil to run. Do yourself a solid and read through the build threads and research. Keep to one company if possible. Figure a budget. Triple it. Then double it. Biggest thing though is read through the forums. They’ll show first hand experiences with different companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
tbeaton

Post by tbeaton »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:58 pm
tbeaton wrote:there are so many guys that make kits for these. threat, ohhcho, solo, desolate, giant etc. are there any kits that are just better than the other? is there ones i should stay away from? i'm planning on an extended beam kit, leafs in the back for the foreseeable future.
That’s like asking what oil to run. Do yourself a solid and read through the build threads and research. Keep to one company if possible. Figure a budget. Triple it. Then double it. Biggest thing though is read through the forums. They’ll show first hand experiences with different companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not going to waste time with a budget, its imaginary lol. you never keep to it or even near it. I will just build as funding is available, thats how i do any rig.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Having a general idea of budget is important tho, as there are some newer "kits" that are lets say exotic... like the fully fabbed stuff from Cho, or the new billet spindle stuff from Hollander... that type of stuff is "trophy Bronco/F150" level in my opinion... Cho also does c/t beams with the standard d44 center section... If you were asking on ranking...my opinion... besides the super exotic stuff, so still with a factory stamped steel c/t beam with uniball pivots, fabricated radius arms, deaver conventional or leaf under rear, with a fab'd shock mount and shackle, etc... I have seen trucks work well built by Cho, Southwest, Desolate or Solo
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

You can never go wrong with Desolate, Solo, and Southwest. All great people and can typically get you dialed fast with great support. Support is the biggest key take away. Desolate and Solo ship you everything you need and they do tons of volume for a reason.

If you want the wildest set up I am partial to ours and believe it or not it is pretty budget friendly when you compare the package as a whole vs piecing together. Complete hub to hub front end with all joints, bearings and hardware we are right there with the others but you also receive our proprietary big snout and 7075 hub with 14" rotors and 6 piston calipers. This is why we did it we manufacture everything in-house and can control our materials and our price.
tbeaton

Post by tbeaton »

hollandermotorsports wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:46 am
You can never go wrong with Desolate, Solo, and Southwest. All great people and can typically get you dialed fast with great support. Support is the biggest key take away. Desolate and Solo ship you everything you need and they do tons of volume for a reason.

If you want the wildest set up I am partial to ours and believe it or not it is pretty budget friendly when you compare the package as a whole vs piecing together. Complete hub to hub front end with all joints, bearings and hardware we are right there with the others but you also receive our proprietary big snout and 7075 hub with 14" rotors and 6 piston calipers. This is why we did it we manufacture everything in-house and can control our materials and our price.
thanks for the reply, you guys are one that i have not heard of as of yet. (keep in mind, i'm on the east coast).
tbeaton

Post by tbeaton »

robertcrav wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:27 am
Having a general idea of budget is important tho, as there are some newer "kits" that are lets say exotic... like the fully fabbed stuff from Cho, or the new billet spindle stuff from Hollander... that type of stuff is "trophy Bronco/F150" level in my opinion... Cho also does c/t beams with the standard d44 center section... If you were asking on ranking...my opinion... besides the super exotic stuff, so still with a factory stamped steel c/t beam with uniball pivots, fabricated radius arms, deaver conventional or leaf under rear, with a fab'd shock mount and shackle, etc... I have seen trucks work well built by Cho, Southwest, Desolate or Solo
thank you, so ya non-exotics i guess. i dont need billet at this time. maybe over time when i break stuff.
24hours
Bronco Info: looking for a white, ex-police 5.8 with brown interior (Found!) 1996, 5.8 XL

Post by 24hours »

It also depends on what front shock setup you’d like. If you’re happy with a single 3” IBP Greg at Desolate provides awesome products with matching service and support.

Bobby at Solo provides a stock width kit that is tabbed for a 2.5” coil over, 2.5” bypass shock and an external bump stop. To my knowledge he’s the only one offering that package in a stock width front that’s a bolt on kit. Last time I spoke to Cho, he only offered it in house at Richer. I mention that since you’re on the East Coast.

Non IBP shocks are easier to tune, however I doubt you’d need to tune any of the shocks if ordered through any of the vendors mentioned in this thread. I think most people would agree that if you’re running hard a separate coil over and bypass would be preferred.

You really can’t go wrong with any of the companies mentioned by anyone above.