Desolate V562 VS Q80 Springs

Hillbilly Heaven
Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco 545 swap 6R80 D60 front and 10.5 rear. Use for expedition camping go fast when at home

Desolate V562 VS Q80 Springs

Post by Hillbilly Heaven »

Is anyone familiar with the V562 spring? I see it is described as a race spring but with additional load capabilities.

How would it do for an occasional daily driver? Mostly used for tent camping in the mountains and to run sweep for NASA Rallies. Being an East Coast guy I don't get to see desert areas like most of you here.

I do see my fair share of fire roads (we call them truck trails) in the state forest areas. Those are a sand clay mix. Some hard and compact others lose deep sand.

Want something I can enjoy a long highway drive hauling tent camping gear in the back and enjoy a weekend of spirited fire road exploring.

Most springs I see are either too stiff and make highway driving miserable or too soft and sag after a few years of use.

Atlas does offer what they call an expedition spring. It is a progressive spring pack with additional load carrying. I am afraid it would be something like a stock spring with add a leafs.
Deavers usually are soft springs that tend to sag after a few years. I realize all springs sag but Deavers tend to do it sooner.
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Re: Desolate V562 VS Q80 Springs

Post by S00TLYFE »

Greg (owner of desolate) daily drives both of his broncos with that leaf pack, i wouldnt hesitate to run that. personally wouldnt waste my time with atlas. deaver has their spring packs dialed for these trucks.
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
Hillbilly Heaven
Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco 545 swap 6R80 D60 front and 10.5 rear. Use for expedition camping go fast when at home

Post by Hillbilly Heaven »

Thanks
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Best bang ever are the J40 springs with a longer shackle
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

A bronco needs between 185lb/in and 225lb/in rear spring rate and between 10.5" free arch to 12.5" pending load/set up.

Hopefully the V562 is a copy of the spring set I gave Greg a couple years ago to put on a customers rig minus some ride height. Same I designed in 2010 when F53's didnt last 1 baja 500 prerun. ive yet to see a spring that will be more reliable or perform better than mine, seen lots of variants though and not sure why Deaver or similar doesnt just knock it off 100%

A handful fo GFB users run my springs on their rigs. THey are a kickass spring for F150's too on both the Krell stepside he sold a few months back and the Rugged Radio step side I finished tuning a few months back. That one actually has a differnt leaf spring rate/setup left and right as the truck isnt balanced.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

shockseals.com wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:21 pm
A bronco needs between 185lb/in and 225lb/in rear spring rate and between 10.5" free arch to 12.5" pending load/set up.

Hopefully the V562 is a copy of the spring set I gave Greg a couple years ago to put on a customers rig minus some ride height. Same I designed in 2010 when F53's didnt last 1 baja 500 prerun. ive yet to see a spring that will be more reliable or perform better than mine, seen lots of variants though and not sure why Deaver or similar doesnt just knock it off 100%

A handful fo GFB users run my springs on their rigs. THey are a kickass spring for F150's too on both the Krell stepside he sold a few months back and the Rugged Radio step side I finished tuning a few months back. That one actually has a differnt leaf spring rate/setup left and right as the truck isnt balanced.
The above was in no way a slam on Greg...I would have designed him any spring and had them made so he could make good money on them but he didnt want to ruffle Deavers feathers carrying an additional mfg leaf when we looked at doing this.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com