Start Your Go-Fast Build-Front Suspension

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Re: Start Your Go-Fast Build-Front Suspension

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Shock tuning question,

I am running a 2.5x16 fox coilover and a second 2.5 non bypass shock the same size. Two reasons I didn't get a bypass shock for the second was cost and I don't like the loud bypass valves opening and closing.

My question is for shim spacer setup in the shock's. Do you split the total size of the compression and rebound shim's between the two shocks?

And what are you guys with full size Bronco's running for compression and rebound?

This was just a question that popped in my head out of nowhere. I have my shocks already for my Pepe Old School full-size project and that is something I can do while I am stalled on the body swap, do to getting it titled and registered in my name in California before I do any cutting up of the 1972 Donor Bronco.

Thanks
David

David Wright

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Has anyone run the Fox Internal bypass shock's? I was wondering if they are as noisy with the bypass valves clicking on and off as external bypass shock are?

David Wright

Wrightracing.net

Ok, front shock setup question.

I have had this question in my brain for awhile and the person that was my go to, passed away a few year's back.

I am thinking valving on the coilover and bypass on each corner up front on the Bronco.

Along time ago, I heard a friend say splitting the rebound and compression shims between the two shocks to lessen the oil from getting as hot in a single shock and distributes the load.

I will be running a Bleeder bypass tube on a Fox 2.5x16 and a Fox 2.5x16 coilover. The beams will be +3 per side. I got the Bleeder bypass kit from Geoff Falzone at Giant Motorsports. I am not a fan of the noise you get from the bypass check balls on a normal bypass shock. I was going to run just a non bypass, but thought it would not hurt to try the bleeder bypass. I have King 3.0x18 smooth body shocks for the leaf spring rear suspension and I have bleeder kits for those two also.

Has anyone done a Bleeder bypass or run a Solid Bleeder bypass from Giant?

What do you think would be a good start on the valving front and rear? I will be taking them all apart to do the bleeder bypass tubes, so checking the shims at that time will be easy. I am going to get a Nitrogen tank, so I can take it out to change shims if needed when out testing.

Let the debate begin

David