F-O-A's ??

fomoco51
Bronco Info: 1992 bronco project

F-O-A's ??

Post by fomoco51 »

Has anybody ran foa's on there rigs? and what did they think? ive heard in the past of major issues with them like leaks and metal shavings insiden the body. i have also heard they revamped there production process to help eliminate this. also that there customer service is awesome. i'm to the point where im going to need coilovers to start my engine cage and am trying to stay withen budget.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Re: F-O-A's ??

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I've heard they leak alot
snowman429
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco alot of work

Post by snowman429 »

A buddy of mine ran them on his Durango with no problems and he beat the carp out of that thing. I just purchased some for my Bronco build. So we will see how they are.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

fomoco51

Post by fomoco51 »

Thanks chasetruck. Good info but it seems to almost be a 50/50 split. I was gonna order 4 2.5x14's one set for my bronco and one for my buddies f150 and they were gonna give me like 10% off. Ive always ran fox and have never had 1 issue but damn they are expensive since I lost my hook up. I was also looking at kings performance series but also heard they dont have the high temp seals. I'm at a loss might just wait till tge Ledoux swap meet in February and see what I can find.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

fomoco51 wrote:Thanks chasetruck. Good info but it seems to almost be a 50/50 split. I was gonna order 4 2.5x14's one set for my bronco and one for my buddies f150 and they were gonna give me like 10% off. Ive always ran fox and have never had 1 issue but damn they are expensive since I lost my hook up. I was also looking at kings performance series but also heard they dont have the high temp seals. I'm at a loss might just wait till tge Ledoux swap meet in February and see what I can find.
Also, contact Bill at Mirage in Santee and get a price. He hooks us up pretty good.

http://www.mirageraceproducts.com/
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Keep in mind decent rebuild kits from shockseals.com any seal can be ordered in viton if you figure out the sizes. To foa's defense there cheap. You get what you pay for and they work. I don't think I would buy them agian though. I'd look on filthymotorsports.com to order some kings and save on sales tax at bare minimum .
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

I just bought a set today actually. Would I race the Baja 1000 with them -- probably not but for $600 cash and carry for (4) 2.5"-12" shocks, you can't put Rancho 9000's on a recreational rig for that. Be honest about what you use your truck for a that will tell you if a set of full race King's are worth it.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

VintageIronFab wrote:I just bought a set today actually. Would I race the Baja 1000 with them -- probably not but for $600 cash and carry for (4) 2.5"-12" shocks, you can't put Rancho 9000's on a recreational rig for that. Be honest about what you use your truck for a that will tell you if a set of full race King's are worth it.
My kings are prerunner series for that exact reason.
mesquito_creek
Bronco Info: No Bronco 92 F150 4x... Pretty close?

Post by mesquito_creek »

I have ran a set of 14 inch coilover for a couple years/couple thousand miles of baja. I have not had a problem with them. I also run Fox and Swayaway in various other applications. FOA have been a good shock at a very good price, but price is a main factor and I would spend more if I had more... My experience with FOA is they like to be serviced regularly, so if you just want to mount a pair of shock and forget/neglect them I might go for a fox/king. The rebuild kits for FOA are priced excellent and they give you everything under the sun including hard parts not heard of by the other guys (seal heads etc...). As an example, I ordered new remote resis's with hoses for 45 each, I mean, "for reals"? just a hose is about that... So having said that, every time I swear I am gonna upgrade my shocks, I end up ordering parts from FOA for very little money and end up with practically a new shock, so I keep running them. Freshly serviced and maintained they work fine for me. Every time I order parts they seem to really improve the quality, so even though mine are like 5 years old, at this point they are pretty much the "new" shock they sell.... Great customer service and I get orders in about 3 days max with ground rates out of Vegas....
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

mesquito_creek wrote:I have ran a set of 14 inch coilover for a couple years/couple thousand miles of baja. I have not had a problem with them. I also run Fox and Swayaway in various other applications. FOA have been a good shock at a very good price, but price is a main factor and I would spend more if I had more... My experience with FOA is they like to be serviced regularly, so if you just want to mount a pair of shock and forget/neglect them I might go for a fox/king. The rebuild kits for FOA are priced excellent and they give you everything under the sun including hard parts not heard of by the other guys (seal heads etc...). As an example, I ordered new remote resis's with hoses for 45 each, I mean, "for reals"? just a hose is about that... So having said that, every time I swear I am gonna upgrade my shocks, I end up ordering parts from FOA for very little money and end up with practically a new shock, so I keep running them. Freshly serviced and maintained they work fine for me. Every time I order parts they seem to really improve the quality, so even though mine are like 5 years old, at this point they are pretty much the "new" shock they sell.... Great customer service and I get orders in about 3 days max with ground rates out of Vegas....
I can attest to this. 100$ got me 4 sets of shims, 1 gallon of shock oil, 2 seal heads, 2 seal kits, 2 schrader valves, piston nuts, a pile of stickers, and some bump cans.
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

I had some and the seal on the the bottom of the body leaked like a civ until I sent them back and had them fixed. Not sure what they did to fix it. They worked great, though. The guy I talked to was a Bronco guy and gave me his "special Bronco valving."
fomoco51

Post by fomoco51 »

Now how about the viper coils they sell, any good?