12in stroke vs 16in in the rear.

vegasff13
Bronco Info: 94 XLT 5.8 4in Rancho with 33in BFGs

12in stroke vs 16in in the rear.

Post by vegasff13 »

I ordered my deaver f53's today as well as my Solo shackles and hangers. Talking to Bobby at Solo he said that they usually ran a 16in stroke in the rear. Everyone here for the most part runs 12in in the rear. Just a little confused. Anybody have an opinion as to the difference? Thanks in advance.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: 12in stroke vs 16in in the rear.

Post by SteveG »

A 12" shock fits under the floor whereas a 16" shock would need to go through the floor and require tube work to protrude into the cargo area. Going through the floor with a longer shock is easier to make work well, but Broncos can work surprisingly well with a 12" shock under the floor.

Personally I don't think the additional potential performance is worth the lost cargo space in all but the most serious prerunners, but there are lots of opposing opinions and plenty of good examples of trucks built both ways.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
vegasff13
Bronco Info: 94 XLT 5.8 4in Rancho with 33in BFGs

Post by vegasff13 »

That makes sense. I guess that it will be 12 inchers. I really dont want to cut up the floor as this is my daily driver. Thanks
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Shock sale hijack moved to classifieds.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

SteveG wrote:Shock sale hijack moved to classifieds.
Haha, someone needs to call the admins on you!
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/