Windsor sr heads, rollers, headers, edelbrock truck intake

Piyakoracing
Bronco Info: 357w, crower cam, modified tranny and heads, 35's grabbers, bilsteins 5100's, 4inch lift chronomolly

Post by Piyakoracing »

I bought world products 2.02/1.60 heads 200s, truck intake from edelbrock,1.6 roller rockers, headers, ford racing valve covers.the mechanic told me that I will, be needing 24lbs injectors, 255gph fuel pump and fuel regulator, to have the psi at 45pounds. Will I need this other items. right now i think the bronco runs rich and I get like 6.5 miles to the gallon on 35s. Anyone running something similar and should I buy a bigger throttle body.
357w, crower cam 15511, custom exhaust system with a x pipe, modified e4od and e
Heads, bilsteins5100 series, 4inch lift, 35's general grabbers
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Have you re-geared or gotten the correct speedo gear for the 35s? If not, is the 6.5 number corrected for the change in tire size? Youre speedo will not be recording accurate mileage. Also, if you haven't re-geared that would be contributing to poor mileage as well.

Keep in mind for every one revolution the tire makes it is traveling a longer distance than a stock 31" tire
baja-chris

Re: Windsor sr heads, rollers, headers, edelbrock truck intake

Post by baja-chris »

Piyakoracing wrote:I bought world products 2.02/1.60 heads 200s, truck intake from edelbrock,1.6 roller rockers, headers, ford racing valve covers.the mechanic told me that I will, be needing 24lbs injectors, 255gph fuel pump and fuel regulator, to have the psi at 45pounds. Will I need this other items. right now i think the bronco runs rich and I get like 6.5 miles to the gallon on 35s. Anyone running something similar and should I buy a bigger throttle body.
The stock camshaft is a real dog, suggest you upgrade that. And with nice heads, intake and headers, the stock sized throttle body and mass air meter will not flow enough. 24lb injectors were stock on the 5.0l cobra which had lower flowing heads than what you have. I would put bigger injectors on it, you don't want to run the risk of maxing out the injectors and going lean.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

If his signature is right, I don't think he's running a stock cam, I don't know the specs of the Crower he has listed, but I also don't know if he's running Mass Air ...
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

All that stuff is going to need a proper tune to work right.

Mass air conversion is going to make it easier/faster to tune. Do you have a local dyno shop that is familiar with EEC-IV?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Piyakoracing
Bronco Info: 357w, crower cam, modified tranny and heads, 35's grabbers, bilsteins 5100's, 4inch lift chronomolly

Post by Piyakoracing »

the crower cam has 114 LSA, intake .468/.486 exhaust, and I run that cam because I have speed density efi system in the bronco with an e4od tranny. the dyno place close to my home is like 160 miles in san diego. I havent done the regearing because I want a 9 inch ford from an old econoline because are 4 inches wider. question, If I get a wiring hardness and computer from a 96 bronco I can switch to maf?
357w, crower cam 15511, custom exhaust system with a x pipe, modified e4od and e
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Just a head's up I think the econolines are 3" wider but I know they ARE 28 spline. The primer you can probably deal with, the latter may be an issue unless you plan on building custom axles for it at some point.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Seattle FSB
Bronco Info: 1990 FSB MAF, 6.7L, Level10 E4OD, Currie F9, ABS Electric Brake Booster

Post by Seattle FSB »

Piyakoracing wrote:the crower cam has 114 LSA, intake .468/.486 exhaust, and I run that cam because I have speed density efi system in the bronco with an e4od tranny. the dyno place close to my home is like 160 miles in san diego. I havent done the regearing because I want a 9 inch ford from an old econoline because are 4 inches wider. question, If I get a wiring hardness and computer from a 96 bronco I can switch to maf?
Mmmm... It would be much easier to stay with the OBD-I 60-pin EEC-IV MAF PCM as opposed to a OBD-II 104-pin EEC-V. For MAF, I went with a 1995 F150 MAF E4OD PCM with an RJM Injection Technologies MAF Harness to control my 408 Stroker with a Comp Cams Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Roller Camshaft XE270HR (35-351-8) at .512/.512 218in @.05 224 ex @.05 114LSA. Definitely, a custom tune is in order.

At any rate, your stock 51mm or aftermarket BBK 56mm Throttle body will handle more than enough airflow. Trust me when I say your throttle body is not the restriction (did I say heads?). I run the BBK 56mm as the BBK 61mm Throttle Body is for high RPM applications and 460 engines. It also requires port matching to the intake manifold and a tune correction prior to installation.

A properly sized Mass Air Meter may also not be as much as an issue provided that you have it properly calibrated to what the PCM is looking for, or even more acurately tuning it directly in the PCM. I use a Pro-M 75mm 19 lb/hr MAF Meter that is tuned in the PCM for 42 lb/hr Fuel Injectors. This meter can support up to 550 HP. What is important is the MAF Sensor is not too small becoming a restriction and not too large which tends to loose resolution and accuracy. Don't go to a 90mm Ford Lightning MAF Sensor just because your friends did.

Mass Air Meter Horsepower Level
275 HP - 55mm (Stock 88-93 Mustang)
350 HP - 70mm (Stock 94-95 Mustang)
550 HP - 75mm Pro-M Bullet
450 HP - 80mm (Stock Ford)
650 HP - Pro-M 85mm Flanged
750 HP - Pro-M 95mm Flanged
800 HP - 80mm Pro-M
1500 HP - 92mm Pro-M

Fuel Injectors will depend upon your projected HP. 24 lb/hr Fuel Injectors should easily handle 300 HP @ 80% Duty Cycle. Personally, I am running 42 lb/hr Injectors which are a little large, but awaiting a possible SuperCharger. I probably could currently get by with 36 lb/hr.

Yes, you do not want to risk going lean. A factory fuel injection system can usually accommodate a mild increase in airflow through a less restrictive intake and exhaust. Your factory 19 lb/hr fuel injectors can absorb 15-20% increase to support a change in airflow without impacting idle and low RPM drivability. Some will attempt to further support an even larger increase in air flow by increasing their fuel pressure by installing an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, which changes the operating range by taking the injectors beyond the 80% Duty Cycle safety margin and risk going lean. In general, when the airflow exceeds a 20% increase, larger injectors must be installed along with reprogramming of the EEC. 19 lb/hr Fuel Injectors + 20% (3.8) = 22.8 lb/hr.

The fuel system on your EFI includes a fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator and fuel injectors. Ensuring equal fuel pressure across the fuel rail is critical. Most stock fuel rails are designed for stock fuel injectors by the bore diameter of the rail and whether it is a single-feed or a dual-feed design. After market fuel rails tend to have much larger bores that will equalize pressure to all fuel injectors, even with a single-feed design. I use a Holley/Walbro 255 lph In-Tank Fuel Pump, large bore Professional Products Powerflow Fuel Rail, Professional Products Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator and Canton Racing Products CM EFI High Flow Fuel Filter. Fuel pressure regulator is set at 42 psi.

What is ultimately important is your end Air/Fuel Ratio. At idle, I am at a stoichiometric 14.7:1. I run a documented flat 13.0 AFR at WOT. This demonstrates my upgraded fuel system is adequate for my 42 lbs/hr Fuel Injectors as the AFR does not migrate to lean.

At any rate, your build might not be comparable to mine, but you are approaching the maximum limits of your Speed Density and PCM adaptive learning. Going MAF will probably be in order to eliminate future problems. Stay EEC-IV and use your existing main harness with a MAF Upgrade Harness. And do not minimize the benefits of a custom tune!

See this link: MAF Upgrade - Lessons Learned Thread
1990 FSB, MAF, 6.7L, Level 10 E4OD, Currie F9, ABS Electric Brake Booster
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Just a head's up I think the econolines are 3" wider but I know they ARE 28 spline. The primer you can probably deal with, the latter may be an issue unless you plan on building custom axles for it at some point.
Econoline 9" is plus 2" (67.5" wms-wms vs stock bronco 65.5") also very few were offered with 31 spline. They were also built with a thinner wall axle tube. If i could do it over again I would have just used a bronco 9" or just bought a rearend from a reputable company.

I have been doing research on the MAF conversion as well I found a company that had kits that included the wiring harnness, ecu, mas sensor and injectors all calibrated together. They have pre-packaged kits for e4od or non-e4od and seemed to be able to tailor a pakage as needed. I cant remember the price but it seemed reasonable and there customer service was great. I will try and find the email and get you thier contact info.
Piyakoracing

Post by Piyakoracing »

Thanks for the info. I got the 24lbs injectors this morning. I might order the 255lph tomorrow from summit.is the mustang fuel pumps from a5.0 fit in the broncos old pump. I think the 255lph pump has a 5/16 inlet, is the stock one the same size?