any good carb for bronco

Piyakoracing
Bronco Info: 357w, crower cam, modified tranny and heads, 35's grabbers, bilsteins 5100's, 4inch lift chronomolly

any good carb for bronco

Post by Piyakoracing »

ok, so Im going carb then with an aod tranny.
what carb will do a good job in the desert?
I seen the holley truck series carb, any good?
357w, crower cam 15511, custom exhaust system with a x pipe, modified e4od and e
Heads, bilsteins5100 series, 4inch lift, 35's general grabbers
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Re: any good carb for bronco

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I went with C&J engineering. It was spendy, but it's supposed to rock in the desert. It has a small electric fuel pump that sends back any fuel it's not using and the bowls are side hung.
Attachments
C&J CARB.jpg
C&J CARB.jpg (291.13 KiB) Viewed 439 times
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Piyakoracing wrote:ok, so Im going carb then with an aod tranny.
what carb will do a good job in the desert?
I seen the holley truck series carb, any good?

I dont like the Vacuum secondary carbs for performance driving. (Only have tried Holleys) If you use stab and jab style maybe ok for you but the power is really on or off and hard to modulate mid throttle power in turns etc. Let off a little vaccuum comes back and shuts secondaries and bog. Then you have to stab it to get it back and too much. I never saw any difference in gas mileage with vac or double pumpers and the mechanicals were always so much nicer to drive. If you want to save time and have it work out of the box C J like Eric did above looks great. I dont know where C&J gets their float bowls from. Holley used to market an off road kit for the side hung floats etc but no longer available I think.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I BELIEVE my float bowls are holley units. I can check
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

i have an edlebrock on mine that has been "off road " modified. its a 650cfm i dont know what he did to it but the guy who did the work did an awsome job, i have not had any problems what so ever...
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
scraptor
Bronco Info: 1994 f150 bronco wannabe

Post by scraptor »

That sucker pump set up is genius , would it even need spung floats, even if the floats bounce, it can t flood. I wonder if a dp could be rigged like that but different, ie drill the bowls where the un used port is opposite the fuel inlets, at the same height as the check plugs, then plumb your drain holes from there, don t understand the need for side hung bowls.

Some quick googling shows at least on ebay vendor selling an off road kit, and sprung needle valves, jegs also has the 6-513 sprung needle valves.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

They are sprung
scraptor
Bronco Info: 1994 f150 bronco wannabe

Post by scraptor »

How do you set the floats , or is it one of those It s right leave it alone carbs.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

scraptor wrote:How do you set the floats , or is it one of those It s right leave it alone carbs.
Not really sure... I just messed with the jetting so far.
Piyakoracing
Bronco Info: 357w, crower cam, modified tranny and heads, 35's grabbers, bilsteins 5100's, 4inch lift chronomolly

Post by Piyakoracing »

anyone using the holley avenger truck series
357w, crower cam 15511, custom exhaust system with a x pipe, modified e4od and e
Heads, bilsteins5100 series, 4inch lift, 35's general grabbers
gunit

Post by gunit »

I tried a Truck Avenger, it had a bad stumble off idle that I was never able to correct. I learned that this was common and I dimed it off and got the C&J carb like Eric's. I have a vacuum secondary one on my prerunner and a double pumper on the race truck both have worked flawlessly right out of the box. I highly recommend going to C&J first. Pay the money and save the grief.